• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Most Underrated Muzzleloading Accessories.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas.bill92

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey all, what is your favorite, most used, or useful accessory that others may not have thought about?
I'll start, gotta have a rotary fabric knife! Turn a t-shirt into a pile of patches in a fraction of the time of scissors. Second is an air compressor. I know most people have one but if you don't, a cheap pancake compressor makes cleaning so much easier. Great for drying intricate parts like locks or revolver parts.

What all ya got?

Swiss Army Knife with a pair of pliers, and a pair of scissors, as some of the tools. I have it 550-corded to my belt. When that pesky cap won't come off the nipple..., yes it will....

The Deluxe Tinker is the one currently offered that has what I suggest. Not only does it have two sizes of screw drivers in case you find yourself needing to disassemble a lock or revolver and no screwdrivers, but the pliers are enough to remove a stuck cap, or to grasp a ramrod to give you enough to pull it out, AND the scissors are just the thing to cut up a large piece of cloth into strips for patches...., the knife blade of course is good for patch cutting. You can knapp flints with the edge of the large screw driver set at 90 degrees to the knife body..

TINKER.JPG

LD

Last edited:
a cheap pancake compressor makes cleaning so much easier.
Compressed air is basic. (got a straw?) You can buy it by the can if ya don't have any other way. But, Those cheap oil-less pancake compressors suck.
WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! At 80 decibels for 10 minutes just to get 30psi!
You won't like it and neither will you neighbors.

Back to topic, "underrated tool?
The old, unavailable TC "Universal" nipple wrench.
https://www.amazon.com/Thompson-Center-7064-Nipple-Wrench/dp/B000PW5DHS
Powerful, solid, built to do the job, The "Wedge tool" is a mainstay too
Underrated, but always near.

Left-handed scissors. I enjoy using them to cut round patches. Don't bother telling me they don't need to be round. Don't bother telling me there are faster ways to cut circles out of fabric. I don't care. I genuinely enjoy drawing little circles on strips of fabric then cutting them out with my left-handed scissors. 👍

Hey all, what is your favorite, most used, or useful accessory that others may not have thought about?
I'll start, gotta have a rotary fabric knife! Turn a t-shirt into a pile of patches in a fraction of the time of scissors. Second is an air compressor. I know most people have one but if you don't, a cheap pancake compressor makes cleaning so much easier. Great for drying intricate parts like locks or revolver parts.

What all ya got?
A touch hole pick!

[QUOTE="Eterry, post: 1897513, member: Just recently realized reading glasses are a necessity. Had 20/15 vision for decades.
[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. Aging stinks and ain’t for the weak.

Back