• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More help with 10ga Peder Cyl/Imp Cyl brrls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnbearbaiter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I know I've beaten it to death, but it's been a long time? I've shot alot of game with my SxS Pedersoli. I use ffg T7 cuz I am a long way from true black so I run what I can get? I've noticed less powder and heavier than recommended shot charges seem to do the trick as well? Especially for turkeys which I just harvested with the old girl. My main issue is that the left brrl shoots left and the right shoots right at the 10-25yds I prefer? I seem to remember a poster on here talking bout "filing", or taking down the the brrls from the inside to the outside with a file or diamond hone which would force pattern inwards??? Is that really a thing? Is this gun supposed to be centered a 40yds with each brrl like some fine English dbl brrl shotgun? Any help regarding this firearm I'd appreciate and sorry I've been away so long without a post?

By "filing" brrls I meant the end of them tapered from inside to outside. Not actually inside the bore, but the end of the muzzles themselves if memory serves me correct???

A well made double gun is regulated to a specific range. IE: The barrels are adjusted in a jig so that both balls, or both shot patterns hit the same point at the desired distance. The barrels are then permanently joined. Soldered, brazed, or these days maybe epoxied. Then the rib is added. There are some good smiths who could redo that process so that the gun is regulated to your preferred range, but it would be expensive. Likely more than the cost of a new Pedersoli.
Given that you know where your gun shoots at your preferred range, why not some Kentucky windage?

That's what I've been doing. On flying birds I have no problem tossing a tad more/less lead on em. Standing stuff like turkey i literally hold the stacked beads right out in front of their head brrl dependent. Is this what others do? POI to POA improve at longer ranges so I assume beyond the 30yd mark (farthest I've ever patterned it) it would be true?

For me I don't like messing with filing or deforming the barrels to move point of the pattern center. I just know where my pattern is the densest and use "Kentucky windage" :thumb:;).

Latest posts

Back