• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

More "Flintlock Female Fun" from Pennsylvania.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been asked to show more "Flintlock Female Fun" videos. This is the 2nd of 5 videos Mrs. BPMS & I filmed at the Pioneer Flats black powder FREE Shootout organized by Abe's General Store held near Franklin, PA back in October 2020. Yvonne enjoyed shooting some of those Kentucky zoo critters ( and BigFoot ) that were apparently lost in western Pennsylvania!
Enjoy:

Looks like a great time!
Didn't know they had this.
Abe's General Store in western PA is planning on the 2nd annual FREE BP shoot next Sept 2021. They may possibly organize one in May 2021 too. I hope so because if I'm invited back, I'm taking more and tougher targets with me from Kentucky for everyone to shoot. I loaded my smoothbore over 100 times & my cap pistol over 70 times for new shooters to try. The smiles on their faces was well worth it! I'll be posting the others soon.
Here is the 1st videoof this event if you wish to see it:

I was there. Shot your guns. Never tried shooting a smoothbore with no sights before
LOL...I lost it months earlier. I still haven't put a sight on that gun yet.....
Guess I need to order one before next year's event...LOL
That whole weekend was a blast. We are going to stay a few more days next time & go shooting with someone somewhere afterwards! I'm more than ready to do it again!

I enjoyed the event. Will bring a gun of my own next time. We weren’t sure what Darius had planned . It was an introduction for new blackpowder shooters . He also has plans for a new range in the area and a club to follow. I came with a group from the Garland Ridgerunners near Warren PA.

That was the main goal of Darius......educating and introducing new shooters to the hobby. That's why I brought the biggest targets that would be easy to hit. I wanted the newbies to hit the targets. Darius & I talked about this event 15-16 months earlier while at Friendship. It was pushed off for various reasons till last Sept.
Mrs. BPMS & I ran both cameras all day long. I had more film footage during that event than I've ever had before anywhere else. Took hours to sort it all out and I managed to get 5 videos from it.
This was planned 4 weeks prior to the shoot. Definitely bring a gun next time. I'm hanging more and tougher targets to shoot. I believe Darius will promote next year's event all summer long.

Was Scott Illsley in with that Garland Ridgerunners fellows??

If so.....I have video project focusing on those good shooters I'm going to post in a few weeks.

Looks like a mighty fine time!
Wonder if I could get Linda out there..
She's never flown with me in the 30 years we've been married.

Back