• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More blades

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this group of blades and sheaths this morning. Been working about 10 hours a day for the last month and a half making knives and sheaths so I have a good inventory for rendezvous and arts and crafts fairs. That is if Covid doesn't mess that up. I have 31 blades completed so far with sheaths completed for 21 blades. The 2 pack hatchets are made out of a really old saw mill blade. The handles are made out of Myrtlewood with 3/16" brass pins. Did the aqua fortis treatment. The deer antler knives are made out of 1095 HC steel and have brass guards and pins. The little colonial style knife is made out of 1084 HC steel. Handle is black walnut. Has a copper ferrule, mild steel guard and cap with a copper spacer. The belt knife is made out of 1095 HC steel with striped maple handle with brass pins. Aqua fortis treatment was used. The last knife is made with 1095 HC steel. Handle is purpleheart with 3/16" brass pins. Danish oil was used for the finish. The bolster is made out of brass with alternating brass and copper spacers. All sheaths are made out of vegetable tanned cowhide. Look forward to all comments, good or bad.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 59
Very, very nice work! Exquisite, really. As nearly as I can tell, all blade shapes and designs are modern. I would gladly carry one of these while deer hunting with my modern rifle.

Latest posts

Back