• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More about me - E3

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E3

32 Cal
Reaction score
E3 again, I guess Ishould have put in more about me. I became interested in muzzle loading about 40 yrs ago. urban sprall did away with the local range and the next closed on was just to far away so I just gave it up till I retired. Retirement led me to Colorado part time. then I found out there was a nice range just down the road from my wifes condo. I got the TC Hawken 50 and a TC Seneca 36 out of storage. Problem was they are both so beautiful Irealy didnt want to use them. I only firedthe 50 maybe 35 times and put it back in it's original box and I have never fired the 36 Seneca , it is still in the original box. So I found a used TC 54 cal renegade and that is my go to gun for the range. I just can't bring myself to soot the other two because they are so nice. Iguess I'm just to crazy about muzzleloaders. Being a retired prototype machinist probably made me to much of a perfectionist. I just really like beautifully made items.

E3 again, I guess Ishould have put in more about me. I became interested in muzzle loading about 40 yrs ago. urban sprall did away with the local range and the next closed on was just to far away so I just gave it up till I retired. Retirement led me to Colorado part time. then I found out there was a nice range just down the road from my wifes condo. I got the TC Hawken 50 and a TC Seneca 36 out of storage. Problem was they are both so beautiful Irealy didnt want to use them. I only firedthe 50 maybe 35 times and put it back in it's original box and I have never fired the 36 Seneca , it is still in the original box. So I found a used TC 54 cal renegade and that is my go to gun for the range. I just can't bring myself to soot the other two because they are so nice. Iguess I'm just to crazy about muzzleloaders. Being a retired prototype machinist probably made me to much of a perfectionist. I just really like beautifully made items.
No sense in leaving them for the next owner to shoot! They're not collectible pieces, should just use them and enjoy adding a nice patina to them.

I have your solution. Just send me the guns that are too nice to shoot. I promise to take real good care of them.😉

Last edited:
Welcome and shot that Senaca!!!
As Boss Spearman said in " open range"
“It's a shame to go forever without takin' a taste of somethin'.”

The real beauty and the reason for their being is how close togather they can place 3 balls at 65 yds. If beauty isn’t put in motion it is just pretty.

Hahaha E3. I made E-3 PFC in the army at six months. I held that grade for the next 30 months until I got out. I was probably the rankenest E-3 in the division.

Hahaha E3. I made E-3 PFC in the army at six months. I held that grade for the next 30 months until I got out. I was probably the rankenest E-3 in the division.
In the 60's Army, you could make rank fast depending upon which unit you were in. I made Sp5 in 21 mos., in a state-side medical unit. There would have to be a 'slot' for your MOS, etc. If you re-upped after two years, you could make E-6 pretty easily. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in a couple more years for possible overseas assignment, but life goes on! When I got my first stripe, (this was before they had a 'rocker' for PFC!) I thought I was the bee's-knees!

Back