• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moose Hunting in MAINE.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Big woods area. Once drove my Jeep Wagoner onto a logging road in Monson several hours later emerged in Greenville. Pre smartphone days All I had was a topography map. Lucky I never ventured out in that country with out a full gas tank.
If your hunting there keep your smart phone full charged and carry a battery backup.
I hear ya. A friend of mine has a camp in Masardis, Maine, up near Ashland.
I've hunted up there a half dozen times or so over the years.

yes it is.
NW
It was many years ago that my buddy and I were up there one winter weekend. We ice fished at Moosehead. Caught a bunch of salmon but no keepers.
I think we stayed at a motel in Greenville or somewhere close by. I'll have to ask my friend when I get a chance.

97 I drew an any moose tag in Maine 1 draw ticket My 1st and only time applying in ME. Shot a small bull 700+ pounds on scale. Shot it in Moluncus ME on a logging road just off Rte 2 of the famous song a tombstone every mile. .

54 cal flintlock 120 grains 2fg round ball .018 pillow tick lubed with foggy mnt bear and beeswax boot dressing for lube. 1 shot it ran down the small hill it was on to the bottom of a gully, he was blowing steam out both sides with blood and froth from the nose and mouth. He fell over dead without being shot again.

This was my second moose as I had taken a cow on my 94 NH tag also 1 shot flintlock kill same gun and load same in out lung shot, My wife took a cow in NH also in 98 she used an 8mm unmentionable 98 model.

We have shot ours and don't apply any more giving others their chance.

Back