• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Monthly Shooting Contests

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am the host of the monthly members only shootin' matches down in the "Members only shooting contests" section. The current format is a mail in postal match with each participant shooting a target and mailing in for judging. Despite the large membership this forum has we seem to have the same 8-12 shooters participating every month. So now I am reaching out to you for ideas.

What can I do to grow the contest and drum up more membership participation. I'm open to any and all ideas so throw 'em at me. The more excuses to go out and make smoke the better right?

Chris
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am the host of the monthly members only shootin' matches down in the "Members only shooting contests" section. The current format is a mail in postal match with each participant shooting a target and mailing in for judging. Despite the large membership this forum has we seem to have the same 8-12 shooters participating every month. So now I am reaching out to you for ideas.

What can I do to grow the contest and drum up more membership participation. I'm open to any and all ideas so throw 'em at me. The more excuses to go out and make smoke the better right?

Chris
I would like to participate. Where do I find out how to do it? I get lost easily on the computer. Can you guide me to it.
George

Just go to the main forum page, "general muzzleloading" sub forum, and third one down is "members only online shooting contests" I hope this helps

I used to shoot the monthly shoots, but got sidetracked with other monthly shoot. I am going to try and participate in them when I can. They were a lot of fun.

I used to do the monthly shoot from muzzle blasts snd send in my target with 2$. Now that I’m retired (4th yr now) haven’t shot in quite some time. But I have been printing off monthly targets in case some of my friends decide to come out and rustle up a little shooting time.

mholder

I partici[pated for a while. Not having a printer made it difficult. To much work for just five shots. To cold here in winter.

Increase the amount of shots and use standard targets we can all get without a printer. Make Idaho warm in winter. :)

Good luck!
What !!! It is warm in the winter in Idaho. Right next to the fire.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Chris
Have an A, B, and C, class. Start at C and when high scores for C are obtained, move to B. etc. I hate to shoot my best for a 72 year old with failing eyes and then see myself at the bottom of a long list.

I've been meaning to get going on these monthly shoots for a while. I'm busy in the summer but I have more time now.

I'm going over there now to download the current target. It's late in the month and I likely can't get it shot since I'll be traveling for 6 of the remaining days in October but I'll definitely shoot November.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Chris

Back