• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Montana roll call

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to hunt out in your neck of the prairie. A few times up north-Turkey Track, Whitewater, Milk River. Mostly south on the road that goes down to the Bill Anderson place at the breaks. Harb Rd. ? Larb Hills etc. We really liked the cut across road over to Boudoin Reservoir. Lots of hills and coolies to stalk. My wife and older daughter shot their 1st deer in that area, My son, his 1st antelope. And my 1st big muley buck. Beautiful on nice days, but when things went south the wind could blow the bumper off your truck. If you grew up out there Howard, you are one tough hombre. Bet you never saw snow stack up on a fence post. At least for very long. And you could probably write a book on gumbo-not the soup. We usually stayed in Malta. Nicest people ever out there on the Highline. We hunt the Sweetgrass for antelope now if we can draw a tag. A bit closer to home. SW

Steve,
you ever bump into a feller that calls himself Waksupi?
Ric also posts on this forum but probably doesn't consider Montana as being "Midwest USA".
Never have Beerd2. I never thought of it as "Midwest" either. My dad is from IL and I am darned sure he didn't either. MT is West to me and I moved east to get here 30 years ago. It is certainly more 'west' than the land of fruits and nuts I escaped from. Can't name that place bc any moderator w good sense would ban me. My native friend and neighbor of 28 years says I am a native now. Anyone who lived through the winter of 95-96 and stayed has some cred w the real McCoys. People here sure have helped me feel that way. Like Huck Finn said, once ya lite out for the territories there ain't no goin back. Hope Waksupi is a friendly. SW

Lolo here. Someday I'll be in Stevensville... building is a slow process. Have shot since I was a kid. Place top 2 twice in the MT ML State championship as a junior back in the day on Rogers Pass. Built my own 45 cal halfstock percussion 38 years later....

Back