• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Modifying Thompson Center's Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the Smooth Bore Forum there's very cool post about what a T/C NW Trade gun might have looked like, check it out. Anyway it got me to thinking about the aftermarket parts and accessories that have been, or may still be, for T/C's muzzleloaders over time. The offerings which mostly come to mind were directed at T/C's Hawken model, perhaps they were offered for other models. I'm thinking about stuff like replacement hardware, stocks, locks, barrels, triggers and such.

Over the years I've seen in print, online and physical examples of these modifications, some looked interesting. If any of you remember Tobey Bridges he put together kind of modern looking, pistol grip, Monte Carlo gun using T/C parts and a stock offered possibly by Fajen. I know I've seen fulltocks and halfstocks cut to fit T/C Hawken parts as well as more tradional looking true Hawken hardware, L&R offers replacement locks.

So have any of you made modifications to your T/C Hawken, or other models? Perhaps you know of or remember a unique modification you've seen?

Last edited:
My TC Renegade was worked over about 20 years ago or more. The only things on it original are the barrel, hooked tang, lock and trigger. Stock and all other furniture are sand cast iron. I did the work myself so it’s far from perfect to say the least, but its mine and I like it. Fits me well and has made lots of meat over its life to date.
Walk

I trimmed up a couple of TCs if that counts. The comb was thinned and straightened into the grip, grip rounded, lock panels reshaped, cheek piece reshaped, forend thinned, escutcheons made smaller and inlet flush, refined the lock and bolster breech then re-color cased, stained the wood then oil finished. Some other details but you get the idea.
IMG_0825 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Back