• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML prices when powder is n/a

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Reckon if ML gun prices, at the local pawn shops and flea markets, will get back to reasonable, when some shooters find powder is not readily available? Panic sellers might decide to "unload" (pun intended) their guns? I'll buy 'em and shoot Pyrodex, or, can I say (?) make my own.

The real unloading will occur if the government outlaws BP arms--
hopefully, people will block those moves. At least one Bill proposes
elimination of antique arms use--so keep your Rep & Senators phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think prices on muzzleloaders has softened somewhat post COVID lockdown. Blackpowder shortages, or more to the point, speculation and hype about shortages might further reduce demand on this category of guns. I don’t expect panic selling though.

However, as has been pointed out, any perceived effort to ban a category of gun increases demand. I keep thinking hoping that we could see a good movie increase demand.

I think prices on muzzleloaders has softened somewhat post COVID lockdown. Blackpowder shortages, or more to the point, speculation and hype about shortages might further reduce demand on this category of guns. I don’t expect panic selling though.

However, as has been pointed out, any perceived effort to ban a category of gun increases demand. I keep thinking hoping that we could see a good movie increase demand.
We had the movie Jeramiah Johnson to get people interested in muzzle loading, What we need now is a movie where the mountain man shoots his ramrod through the heart of the vampire, and makes his powder horn into a bomb to "kill" the zombies. then younger people will get interested.

When supplies are tight prices go UP - fact along with all the accessories.

Two things drive the market: supply and demand. Supply is from manufacture-imports
and used guns (largely from owner deaths) and financial needs of owners & dealers.
The Biden administration is anti-gun imports. hopefully they will allow the antique
replicas to flow freely. Our market is far safer from over-regulation than the modern
stuff- many reasons. Commonly, most governments will go easy on antiques & replicas.
Flintlocks are the safest from regulation. This is why sources like Kibler are important.
Kits allow you to make the gun from parts. Homemade guns are free from Federal
Jurisdiction according to the Constitution( however the Constitution is often ignored).
BoyScout watchwords apply here: "BE PREPARED." Think powder & caps.

We had the movie Jeramiah Johnson to get people interested in muzzle loading, What we need now is a movie where the mountain man shoots his ramrod through the heart of the vampire, and makes his powder horn into a bomb to "kill" the zombies. then younger people will get interested.

Well the folks that sell replacement ramrods and the folks that sell the cheap inexpensive powder horns will likely sell a bunch...,

LD

The Bill from the Rep from Houston, it was also here on the Forum. A Black Rep from
Harris County wrote the proposed bill. You get a permit to wall hang it etc. I do not
know its status. I have been watching "Guns and Gadgets" to see it
pop up. I heard the same lady was allegedly involved in voter frauds. Check out
HR 127--license for antique firearm display. However, I do not think it will pass.
It is a registration act. Even Dems think it will not pass. But needs watching.
NBC did a BP revolver hit piece that was on behalf of Brady people I think.
I think they might tighten up purchasing the BP handguns--we must watch them.
Be ready to call our Reps & Senators.

The Bill from the Rep from Houston, it was also here on the Forum. A Black Rep from
Harris County wrote the proposed bill. You get a permit to wall hang it etc. I do not
know its status. I have been watching "Guns and Gadgets" to see it
pop up. I heard the same lady was allegedly involved in voter frauds. Check out
HR 127--license for antique firearm display. However, I do not think it will pass.
It is a registration act. Even Dems think it will not pass. But needs watching.
NBC did a BP revolver hit piece that was on behalf of Brady people I think.
I think they might tighten up purchasing the BP handguns--we must watch them.
Be ready to call our Reps & Senators.
Shiela Jackson Lee? I honestly wasn’t sure she could read or write, because of all the stupid manure she’s said over the years. She’s a moron.

Shiela Jackson Lee? I honestly wasn’t sure she could read or write, because of all the stupid manure she’s said over the years. She’s a moron.
She has staff, hers has to interpret her incoherent rambling, but I doubt if any rep has written a bill this century, maybe last.

I'd watch it lol

Even Nancy thinks bp guns are ok. She has stated the second amendment is only for guns used “ back then”. As for wall hangers would that include the all wood ones from Hobbie Lobbie or your kids toys?

Hot dog! Throw in a buck board flipping over and bursting into flames and I might even take the better 2/3's to the movie show!

Even Nancy thinks bp guns are ok. She has stated the second amendment is only for guns used “ back then”. As for wall hangers would that include the all wood ones from Hobbie Lobbie or your kids toys?

I wonder if she thinks freedom of the press as guaranteed in the 1st amendment applies only to those that are running a screw press?

Latest posts

Back