• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missouri Muzzleloading?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Hermatige Mo there is a great rendezvous on the Pomm de Terre lake first weekend in May. From southwest Mo it’s about a four hour drive to Fort De Charters at Prairie De Rocher Illinois, they have events across the Year. Arrow Rock Mo has some events around the Santa Fe trail
Near Kansas City is Fort Osage and they have multiple events there.
several important Civil War battles were fought along the Wire Road and there are events at Wilson creek, Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove
Near Saint Louis is Defince Mo the last home of Danial Boone and events are held on that property
Near South West is Nathan Boone’s home at Ash Grove.
At Kansas City is the Steam ship Arabia Museum a week they were able to get about 90% of the cargo off of. It’s a compleat 1858 general store with axes to shoes to tin and iron ware, luxury goods and plain stuff.

And we have the mark Twain forest across the state. Perfect treking areas, though keep in mind Ozark is an old Indian word for ‘up hill from here’
3293FB80-A784-42AA-B234-3EA583A954C4.jpeg
5E20C05D-5BC3-4CAA-BF22-FD9DDF0769AC.jpeg
235EC4BB-D513-4646-A87E-963F2D90CE36.jpeg

You can shoot tree rats from Memorial Day to February 15 (legally). Take a gander at Mis souri Department of Conservation's website for information on seasons, public hunting/camping area information. Hundreds of places to do your thing and public shooting ranges scattered about.

If you want to shoot a white tail, counting all seasons - archery, youth, firearms, :alternative (BP, bows, crossbows, pistols, spears) - that only runs from September to January. We welcome hunters. There are also some black powder clubs shooting on a regularly scheduled basis in a few areas. Several welcome visiting shooters.

Bring your own black powder. We're plumb sold out.

If you like canoe trekking rivers abound in this state from big to small. Historical to hardly even known, some crystal clear, some muddy. Hunting is legal from a canoe and I can tell you that deer don't take much notice and will stand and just watch you.
Here's a photo of myself doing a 100-mile trek on the Missouri River in late winter.
93797-55167e90a129b70a9faff31503fcce59.jpg

Smokey,

You will find it a lot cooler here! In more ways that one. We have long hunting seasons, and a days drive from anywhere you want to go in the U.S. There is a lot of Conservation areas, State and Federal lands that you can hunt on throughout the year.

It seems to me that I pack a muzzleloader more than any other type of rifle. Right now, it's the grey squirrel breeding season. If you get into a breeding batch, shooting is as fast as you can load. I took my 40 Southern Mountain Rifle out the other day and got into them pretty good.

There are various Rendezvous and shoots throughout the year. Keep your eye on the Missouri Offhand Association. They will probably rev up this coming year. Missouri Off Hand Association - Schedule

Headhunter

Attachments

• 20220118_125835.jpg
    20220118_125835.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 38
Howdy and welcome from the Boonslick!
Definitely check out the Mo. Offhand site for competitions around the state! Not sure where you’ll land, but there’s several clubs around the State!

Simple answer is "yes"... I'm in the NW part of Missouri and belong to a club that has a monthly shoot and 2 Rondys/year. There's quite a few clubs down south along the western side that have shoots/Rondys as well. A feller can drive top to bottom of the state in 6 hours or so along the western line.20181020_110454.jpg20181020_110454.jpg20181020_162325.jpg20200905_161446.jpg

Hi and welcome Smokey Plainsman! If you end up in the Kansas City area, check out the Fort Osage Muzzleloaders club. Their range is about 30 to 45 minutes SE of the KC metro area just off a major state highway. Their web site is: Ft. Osage Muzzleloaders, Inc. and if you're on Facebook they can be found at: Fort Osage Muzzleloaders, Inc.

Back