• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Missouri... anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a couple of months (or less) I'll be in St. Roberts MO for a 2+ year stint over-seeing an event I can't go into detail about right now. Would love to meet some muzzle loaders/history re-enactors after I get there. I'll hopefully be in Ruthie's RV park for the 2+ years. No, I'm not military.

For those who can, at Ash Flat mo at the Nathan Boone House there is a living history camp on September 14 and 15

You said Ash Flat, but didn't you mean Ash Grove, MO?
There is an Ash Flat in Ark., but not one in MO.

I just may show up, is why I ask.

Don't live in MO, but just bought a small, 52.6 acre farm there in Forest City. It's about 11 minutes south of Squaw Creek/Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge. Beautiful state, and I plan to take my first MO flintlock deer this coming season.

Don't live in MO, but just bought a small, 52.6 acre farm there in Forest City. It's about 11 minutes south of Squaw Creek/Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge. Beautiful state, and I plan to take my first MO flintlock deer this coming season.
There is a really good gunsmith named Roger Brock there near Forest City,Mo.
Macon

Upper Northwest Missouri here, tolerating foreigners from the coastal states dragging their liberal ideas for which they moved to escape to our part of the world. Buying 5 acres and think they own every acre around their postage stamp. Thinking 5 acres is plenty of room to shoot skeet and high powers. Lovely!!!!!

There is a really good gunsmith named Roger Brock there near Forest City,Mo.
Macon
I believe I spoke with him recently, but on a different subject: I was talking to him about doing some drainage work on my farm ponds. I figure in a town that small, it has to be the same guy, and I'm glad to know he does gun work, too!

Upper Northwest Missouri here, tolerating foreigners from the coastal states dragging their liberal ideas for which they moved to escape to our part of the world. Buying 5 acres and think they own every acre around their postage stamp. Thinking 5 acres is plenty of room to shoot skeet and high powers. Lovely!!!!!
My wife and I are looking at land in Missouri. (Not to worry, 1. We’re looking at south central Missouri. And B. We’re pretty conservative politically.) I love Colorado but it’s been overrun by people from the coasts and they certainly do carry with them the political ideology they are attempting to escape... grr...

[QUOTE="Six-Gun, post: just bought a small, 52.6 acre farm there in Forest City.

I’ve a small farm east of you. Live in Nebraska. How do we get together? I shoot with Rock Creek Renegades.
JustPlainDick

We’re looking at south central Missouri.

Some good land and pretty country in south central. All kinds of activities, if you are socially minded. I used to own a farm in the south central area, around the Jeff City area. I am not against new blood moving into our community here in the northwest, just the stupid, irresponsible, unaccountable, sorry pieces of proto-plasms that ruin it for the good ( not exactly like minded), but open minded reasonable individuals that want to contribute to community health and welfare.

That's right: it is called Squaw Creek, no matter what the politically correct wants to call it. Watch the water up there, can get high quick.

Back