Missouri... anyone?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by david50, Jun 7, 2010.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Sep 9, 2019 #101

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

32 Cal.

No kidding? I live only about 15 minutes from Offutt AFB. When I get back from my current deployment, we'll figure something out.

2. Sep 9, 2019 #102

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

32 Cal.

Yeah, I hear you on the water level. Those floods ate up Rt. 159 and Rt. 111 really quickly. Thankfully, my farm sits just up the bluff hill a little ways, which saved it from the rising waters. It didn't make accessing the place any easier, as I had to cut the other way through Oregon when the water dropped enough to go that way.

You know what's funny? I was stationed in Nevada (followed by Ohio) when the whole Squaw Creek name change happened and was caught completely off guard when I got back to Nebraska. I was looking for snow goose counts before the Spring conservation season opened and kept seeing "Loess Bluffs NWR" come up, but couldn't find Squaw Creek. It took me a while to realize that it was the same place. What drove the name change anyway?

3. Sep 9, 2019 #103

sawyer04

sawyer04

sawyer04

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

In the state of Missouri we have these degenerates that have to be politically correct. It was afraid that a native American would be offended. It is Squaw Creek to the old residenters and will remain so in the real world. The battle isn't over yet on the name change.

4. Sep 10, 2019 #104

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

32 Cal.

If that's the case, I can definitely believe we have a politically correct contingent in MO, but part of me thinks that the pressure was exerted from further out. As a well-known National Wildlife Refuge (BBC did a special on it), I'd imagine there was a lot of banter from leftists all over the country to change the name. Heaven forbid we have something named after the people who probably frequented the creek. While we're at it, let's remove the word "Mormon" from anywhere in the US it's used to denote an area where those folks lived. They might find that offensive. We're living in crazy times.

sawyer04 and tenngun like this.
  5. Sep 10, 2019 #105

justplaindick

justplaindick

justplaindick

32 Cal

We are probably neighbors. I’m 15 min south of Offutt near Plattsmouth. AF retiree. Be well. Let’s hook up when you return. Plenty of black powder shooters here. I’m trying to find a few down around St Joe.

Six-Gun likes this.
  6. Sep 10, 2019 #106

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

32 Cal.

Sounds good! I've got about 15 lbs. of FFg and a bunch more of FFFg that needs my attention and an ignition source. We'll burn some coal. I just renewed my ENGC membership, as well.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. Sep 15, 2019 at 3:18 AM #107

Jacob Heller

Jacob Heller

Jacob Heller

Pilgrim