• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missing Colorado Clyde

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many others here who share their expertise, So I’m not sure how much I will miss or not miss him. He made me laugh a few times, annoyed me a few others. I’ll keep shooting and making my own acroutments with or with out him. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site, sometimes we have to wade through a bunch of B.S. to get to it...maybe we will have to wade through less now... Maybe not... who knows?

I think CC is on another sight I go to. When He came on the other sight he said he was done with all other forums and would only be on that one forum. I do not think he is here at all. He uses a different name but I am sure it is him. After awhile on these forums you cant tell by how they post and ask ? Like I said,he said he was done with all other forums. He stands out. Mark/WI

I remember that post on another forum. Guess I never made that connection that it might be him.

I'll say this, we have to take the good with the bad, sometimes with the same individual. There are people here who have threatened to leave, in some cases often, recently that I would miss here FAR more than C.C.

There are also some on this very thread, casting accusations, that should look in the mirror.

I didn't notice much difference in the change, except I had to change my Online name back. Basically it's the same. Change always is slightly hard to get used to, but I don't see it here after a couple of days.

CC had some good posts, some I strongly disagreed with the motive. He generally wasn't kind to newcomers, but was usually accurate for the long run. I doubt he's lurking, but if he is, that's his business and none of mine.

Sorry I missed your allusion, Stumpkiller, never saw the movie. I know Leslie Nielson, though, and it was probably a good one.

How about my interpretation of your statement, did I miss that one, too?

Spence

Yeah. You were pretty wide of the mark I was aiming at. ONLY Angie (perhaps 2Kuz) can see to that level of member ID and ONLY Angie could, if the user requested, put that user back onto the pre-update User ID. Which many, many users requested and were happy to have arranged. No one looks, Moderators can't and don't check. If someone wants to start a new life that is fine by me. Most seemed to want to get their old UserID back.

Frankly I was trying to be helpful and friendly and was astonished it was taken negatively.

I too sometimes frequent a differant forum. The
War between the States is the main topic there. Several times a reply would come in that had a perculiar ring to it. A "cantankerous, know-it-all" attiude. Is He by chance a Yankee?

Frankly I was trying to be helpful and friendly and was astonished it was taken negatively.
I'll accept the responsibility for that.

The way you worded it made it seem that if I had taken a new display name and didn't want anyone to know about it, any other member could ask Angie to blow the whistle on me, and she would do it. That obviously should be a request she would accept only from me, so your statement raised red flags.

I'm sorry about that, Stumpkiller. I'll think long and hard before responding next time.

There are so many changes taking place in the forum lately it's hard to know where solid ground is, and who's on first. I guess that's the difference between a hobby forum done by someone deeply involved in the hobby and a commercial forum used only to extract revenue.

Spence

Just goes to show that we all have to be a little careful. As a society we are leaning towards the negative spin, lately. I certainly would NEVER have deliberately posted to offend or insult you in any way.

You, Spence, can have free access to my home, liquor stock, and hunting grounds anytime you are in the area. ;-)

We just may have ressurected the old movie "Jerimiah Johnson"on another post. Now interest in "Airplane" may have been tweeked a little.

Mama said they aint no yankees...only da__ yankees? Anyways I assume he was in CO so it wouldnta mattered???

Nah, I think he was in Nebraska but definitely not in Colorado.

Fleener hit the nail on the head. Clyde either new the answer to every question or looked one up. I once used a military insignia as an avatar that would only be recognized by someone who had served in some certain MOS fields. I received PMs from several people who recognized it and we shared some reminisces.

Clyde OTOH right clicked the avatar and immediately made some snide remarks. I don't miss him and I assure you if he is looking in he is having more fun than ever.

Curiosity got the best of me so I found coloradoclyde's home on the forum.

It says he was last here on December 26, 2018.

That's quite a bit after the forum switched over to the new software so, he can be here when he wants to be.

He hasn't posted anything I could find since the software change. Very unusual for him. He used to stir the pot in the Premium Member area on a daily basis.

He sure looked down on you if you didn't shoot round balls.:)
Zero temperature here last night and I am one of those who has to much time on his hands, so I can't go to the range and shoot my paper patch bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back