• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Missing Colorado Clyde

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that decision is reserved for the person with the old name and new account. If Angie or anyone else made that info public at the request of anyone else, shame on her. Is that one of the new services of the moderators, now?

Spence

No.

And don't call me "Shirley". But it is between the member, if desired, and Angie. I do not see member e-mails or have the ability (or desire) to link members to ISP addresses. Who peed in your tea?

If a member does not want it it is their prerogative to remain silent and take on a new ID. But NOT have two.

A new ID? Things can happen as I'll explain although I don't have an explanation for it.

I joined here in 2005. I have over 4600 posts since then. When I joined somehow there was an option of having a sign in name and a screen name. Mine were different. My sign in name was "longcruise" as I am known on many sites BUT, my screen name was "Marmotslayer". Just a whim based on having recently killed a marmot.

When I cam to the site after the changeover I recall that I had to do some rigamaroll to get back in. Once I did, my screen name was then longcruise.

I had no desire or intention to change anything and I don't know how it came to be.

Probably not related to CC, except to add that he and one other member was the reason I left this site for over two years.:(

I am taken aback by some of this. If a person had a dozen personas on the forum but wasn’t breaking rules with any of them would it make a difference?
We’re just a buch of folks blowing smoke about blowing smoke. Any opinion or answer is worth every penny paid for it

And don't call me "Shirley".
Might want to have your glasses prescription checked, Stumpkiller. I said "surely", not Shirley.

I was reacting to your statement...

"Angie can reconnect the old name to the new account if you ask."

Given the context of the conversation at that moment, and the obvious fact you were not talking to the missing CC, I took it that you were saying that if anyone wanted to smoke out another member who had taken a new display name and was "hiding" behind it, they could just ask Angie and she would tell them. If that is not what you were saying, then I misunderstood you, owe you an apology, and offer it freely. If it was what you were saying, then I stand by what I said.

I drink lapsang souchong tea, and I couldn't tell if anybody peed in it.

Spence

You are right, I didn't. I come to sites such as this to get away from the bovine excrement of the daily modern world, to kick back and recharge my batteries. I decided long ago that anyone signing on to the premium member forums to discuss nothing but the bovine excrement of the daily modern world has a very different reason for being here than I, which I cannot, don't really want to understand, so you will never find me there. If this recent example of letting that bovine excrement spill over into the muzzleloading section is a sign of what's to come, you won't find me here, either.

Personal clashes are stupid, childish, asinine and undignified, no matter who is involved. Bovine excrement squared. I don't care who's involved, I don't want to find such bovine excrement when I try to read a thread.

As someone said, it's the muzzleloading, stupid.

Spence

Wow Spence same reasons I don't go premium, there isn't enough valium to cover it (is valium HC/PC? :)). There has been a large number of times in the past couple of months I have given very serious thought to pulling the plug and it's all about a very very small number of individuals. Yes I know about the lead box but I'm not going to break the contunity of a thread just to go around somebody. There seems to be some who should learn to tone down their replies, learn some respect and courtesy and that their way isn't THE WAY. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion and has the right to express it but there is a correct way to do so. We should be able to express ideas and share information even if sometimes incorect and follow with a friendly discussion. I need to stop now before this deterioates but I want to say that this is a sport, a hobby and it's susposed to be enjoyable, not stressful.

BTW, CC has shared some useful info and he has upset me a few times too but I can roll with his punches and wouldn't mind if he came back.

Might want to have your glasses prescription checked, Stumpkiller. I said "surely", not Shirley.

I was reacting to your statement...

"Angie can reconnect the old name to the new account if you ask."

Given the context of the conversation at that moment, and the obvious fact you were not talking to the missing CC, I took it that you were saying that if anyone wanted to smoke out another member who had taken a new display name and was "hiding" behind it, they could just ask Angie and she would tell them. If that is not what you were saying, then I misunderstood you, owe you an apology, and offer it freely. If it was what you were saying, then I stand by what I said.

I drink lapsang souchong tea, and I couldn't tell if anybody peed in it.

Spence

Airplane... An 80’s comedy.

Look, Colorado Clyde was perhaps THE most valuable member of this board in terms of sheer content delivered. He is/was an EXPERT in our field, and to hear some badmouth a fellow brother in flint like that, well frankly it sickens me to my core. YES he could be cantankerous, but that was just his way. Clyde had a side of him more helpful, thoughtful, or intelligent than anyone else I know. He is a HERO to the sport, a living legend, and my GOD I wish he comes back!! :(

3-CEC8694-A05-C-4-AB4-A9-B9-74-A345-A2-ABEA.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about 2 accounts? I couldn't recall password so rejoined the forum. My issue was quickly solved by MS Angie but I certainly had 2 accounts for a while? Now the avatar name was different....if that's what ya mean, and being as courageous as the lion in wiz of oz i clearly let folks know who i was REALLY

As for CC he was known to be cantankerous, I once boxed him for a few weeks. That said I would think his posting mannerisms would be noted by many here, maybe at least a few have located him?

I personally miss Miss Cynthia and hope she gets back on. Cools to see a real lady in the sport (as are several others here). Any woman dispatches a mnt lion with a blk pwdr revolver welcome at my camp anytime:p

Sorry I missed your allusion, Stumpkiller, never saw the movie. I know Leslie Nielson, though, and it was probably a good one.

How about my interpretation of your statement, did I miss that one, too?

Spence

Look, Colorado Clyde was perhaps THE most valuable member of this board in terms of sheer content delivered. He is/was an EXPERT in our field, and to hear some badmouth a fellow brother in flint like that, well frankly it sickens me to my core. YES he could be cantankerous, but that was just his way. Clyde had a side of him more helpful, thoughtful, or intelligent than anyone else I know. He is a HERO to the sport, a living legend, and my GOD I wish he comes back!! :(

3-CEC8694-A05-C-4-AB4-A9-B9-74-A345-A2-ABEA.jpg

Somewhat overstated maybe?

I honestly sometimes doubt the "expertise" of C.C. He often seemed to be very good at passing on information he'd found on the web. (I was a little tired of opening what sounded to be an interesting new thread just to find it to be a link to a YouTube video he had found.)
But, he was always generous with his information, if he posted info and one wanted clarification, and asked in a manner that didn't come off as a challenge, one would get an attempt at least, at clarification.

All this, accusations, opinions of him, etc, leads me to need to ask, does anyone here actually know the man?

He was a internet expert, the world is full of them.

IMO he was an old guy with time on his hands that could not help but offer an opinion about everything. This list provides a good outlet for people.

I bet he is the guy in any group in person most people shy away from because he talked non stop and knows everything.

I would like to meet him in person, be good to know if I missed the mark or not.

I too agree that he is still with us, he never left.

Fleener

He was a internet expert, the world is full of them.

IMO he was an old guy with time on his hands that could not help but offer an opinion about everything. This list provides a good outlet for people.

I bet he is the guy in any group in person most people shy away from because he talked non stop and knows everything.

I would like to meet him in person, be good to know if I missed the mark or not.

I too agree that he is still with us, he never left.

Fleener
There's nothing quite like someone that actually knows things (and shares the knowledge freely) to annoy those who don't...o_O
It's embarrassing to watch people rejoice when the site is diminished by having driven away someone who contributed to the collective knowledge.

Last edited:
Somewhat overstated maybe?

I honestly sometimes doubt the "expertise" of C.C. He often seemed to be very good at passing on information he'd found on the web. (I was a little tired of opening what sounded to be an interesting new thread just to find it to be a link to a YouTube video he had found.)
But, he was always generous with his information, if he posted info and one wanted clarification, and asked in a manner that didn't come off as a challenge, one would get an attempt at least, at clarification.

All this, accusations, opinions of him, etc, leads me to need to ask, does anyone here actually know the man?

I only "know" CC from this Forum. Frankly, rather than one person with two names/accounts, it appears more like there was one name/account with two different people posting as CC. In the general area, he was helpful, polite & generous to share information that he appeared to believe was correct. In the premium area, his posts seemed to only have one purpose - to belittle others & provoke arguments. He would attack other opinions & hint at "inside" information but refuse to show that "information" or source. To me, it all added up to a zero, each good, sometimes great post being offset by a negative or purposely provocative one. I would be happy to see the Dr Jeckel CC back, the MR Hyde CC belonged in the lead box.

I think CC is on another sight I go to. When He came on the other sight he said he was done with all other forums and would only be on that one forum. I do not think he is here at all. He uses a different name but I am sure it is him. After awhile on these forums you cant tell by how they post and ask ? Like I said,he said he was done with all other forums. He stands out. Mark/WI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back