• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missing Colorado Clyde

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artie Peltier

40 Cal.
Reaction score
has anyone heard from Colorado Clyde lately. Haven’t seen a post from him since the board switched over. He’s always been a great source of information including videos. Hope he’s ok. Art

Gosh....has it really been that long? His camp cooking and baking posts always had my mouth watering.

Kind of curious myself, I'm new to this forum but in the past I would browse and there (in most threads it seemed ) was Colorado Clyde.

Hope he didn’t hate the new layout as much as I did (and still do, it’s horrible) and decide to quit. He was always cantankerous and opinionated, but in a good way! I’ve missed him.

When you realize they've been absent for a while, you start to worry a bit. Sure hope all is well.

Likely my bet is the shift of this forum in recent months has driven him off, shame because I feel we may have lost another member who was very knowledgeable in the historical authenticity department. However, loose rules and posting guideline adherence will do that. Honestly don't blame him for the most part.

Crewdawg445:

May I say, "Oh Bears Fanny".
The forum, its rules and the way they are administered have not changed a bit since the forum changed to the new software.

The same moderators are here and they are treating the various posts just like they did a year ago or two years ago or, may I say, 10 years ago.

The subjects haven't changed. The way we treat talking about modern powders and projectiles is the same as it has always been. Talking about modern materials outside the Re-enacting area hasn't changed. In fact, the only real change I've seen is how easy it is to post pictures now.

As for Clyde, I'm sure he could be here if he wanted to. Maybe he got tired of making posts in the Premium member Political Forum area that caused major, heated debates? I don't know.
Sometimes, people just get tired of visiting some forums. I know I've dropped out of several over the years because my interests moved on to other things.

I have to agree with Zonie, the forum is run just the way it was before the change. And as for the change I feel every thing is a lot better and easier to use. Now for Clyde, he like to stir things up at times. And if he is peeking in, he must be laughing, he is gone and we are still debating him.

C.C. seemed pretty tech savvy. I doubt the new format ran him off. I tend to drop out of here over the summer as my fears shift to more modern shooting interest needs. I'd rather be doing B.P. stuff, but, for now, it's a fall/winter thing.
Maybe C.C. has some big non-muzzleloading project going.

I have to agree with Zonie, the forum is run just the way it was before the change. And as for the change I feel every thing is a lot better and easier to use. Now for Clyde, he like to stir things up at times. And if he is peeking in, he must be laughing, he is gone and we are still debating him.
Yeh, I tried to see when he was last active and I am not allowed into his profile. If you all want to see mine, go right ahead. You will even see where I live. I'm also in the phone book and Google has a picture of my house. I'll get off now and go make a tin foil hat.

Crewdawg445:

May I say, "Oh Bears Fanny".
The forum, its rules and the way they are administered have not changed a bit since the forum changed to the new software.

The same moderators are here and they are treating the various posts just like they did a year ago or two years ago or, may I say, 10 years ago.

The subjects haven't changed. The way we treat talking about modern powders and projectiles is the same as it has always been. Talking about modern materials outside the Re-enacting area hasn't changed. In fact, the only real change I've seen is how easy it is to post pictures now.

As for Clyde, I'm sure he could be here if he wanted to. Maybe he got tired of making posts in the Premium member Political Forum area that caused major, heated debates? I don't know.
Sometimes, people just get tired of visiting some forums. I know I've dropped out of several over the years because my interests moved on to other things.

I apologize if my reply seemed to rash, I for one have been used to seeing Mr. Mathis step in to either correct or defuse certain situations over the years. The feeling is just "off" for some reason and it hasn't just been me noticing. In short, I openly apologize as no harm was meant to be directed towards the moderators. I do hope CC is well, enjoyed conversation with him over the years.

I didn't consider your comment as anything rash.
It's just that I've been the principle moderator for over 14 years here and as I said, nothings really changed.

Claude ( the guy who started this forum and owned it for years) rarely got into correcting members publicly although I know he did handle some trouble makers directly using private topics to state his opinion of their actions. Some of them are no longer here. Others learned and have been with us for years. :)

Remember - we did lose member passwords (mine as well) and the forum web address is different. If someone still has the old icon linked it maybe will not be forwarded to this new domain/location. I have Rick F.'s e-mail (and two of his horns) and I sent him a note to see if he and all is well.

He's here under a new name,,
Just give it a little time,, you can change the name, but the CC is coming out bit by bit.
We don't see it because he doesn't have access to the paid members section anymore.

You got me curious, did something change here recently in the forum? I also belong to a Civil War forum and they went through an update several weeks ago. Not crazy about the new format.

Yeah, late October there was a major update to the forum software,, major change. A ton of data did transfer from the old server,, but some stuff was lost during the software update. Personal log-in, names, and many other issues that our Administrators diligently continue to work on.
For all practical purposes we function as before,, but there is a lingering data loss that's still being salvaged.
It has to-do with the antiquity of the old software not being able to communicate with the new stuff properly.
Like getting Windows 3.1 to communicate with Win 10,, only Win 10 can't read the floppy's.

Last edited:
He's here under a new name,,
Just give it a little time,, you can change the name, but the CC is coming out bit by bit.
We don't see it because he doesn't have access to the paid members section anymore.

I've been suspicious that some of those we think have gone missing might be here under other screen names forced by the new software or by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back