• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miruko? flintlock disassembly question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feamir

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have just purchased a japanese flintlock musket, looks exactly like the one pictured in capt turks post in smoothbore forum. I am doing a total tear down, clean and inspect. I have it done except for removing the forward portion of the stock from the barrel. Has any one completely disassembled this gun? It looks like there might be another screw hidden under the second ram rod tube. Any help would be appreciated. I am reposting this in gun builders bench to see if I get any responses.
thanks, Feamir

What model is it? I don't know where the post you mention with pictures is.

What model is it? I don't know where the post you mention with pictures is.

There is no model on the musket. Just says " japan 67 cal". The pictures are in capt turks post on feb 24 2012. The gun pictured differs in the fact it has a patch box were as my new musket just has a brass piece on the side of the butstock. I did get the disassembly finished, found a screw under the second ram rod thimble. Thanks for your intrest, Feamir

Back