• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Miroku Japanese Tanegashima matchlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeyeguy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is one you don't see very often a Miroku reproduction of the Japanese Tanegashima .50 caliber matchlock. I have had this one about 25 years. Used it for a educational display I used to do at my gun club when we did what was called family fun day. It was handy in helping me explain the evolution of mechanisms from matchlock, to flintlock to the percussion era. Sadly the club no longer organizes such events so she just gathers dust now.

2i6mcgj.jpg

I did not use this one as a shooter. I prefer my American style flintlocks and cap locks. They fit me much better. I bought it to use for educational purposes, to have an example of a matchlock in the collection and kept it pretty pristine for that reason. The gun club has not been arranging those youth events so this does not see use anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back