• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Minuteman flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up this minuteman flintlock smoothbore. At least I believe it is a minuteman. Says Japan on the barrel and that's it. Basically picked it up to go with my minuteman percussion rifle. I'm guessing this gun is from the 60's. Other than a couple of minor stock marks, it is in super nice condition including the bore. The frizzen hardly has any marks which coincides with the owner saying it has been sitting in his safe for years unfired. The lock sparks nicely. I know from what I read that many don't think too much of these rifles. So, any horror stories out there about the possible "piece of junk" I might have bought!!

Attachments

• mm3.jpg
    mm3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2
  • mm6.jpg
    mm6.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
  • mm2.jpg
    mm2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
2 piece barrel i believe. dont know how safe it is. would use light charges if any at all. just a free .2 cents worth
And if it is a two piece barrel, so what.

It's built strong at the breech. Strong where it needs to be strong.

Or the barrel was turned to remove weight. Either way it's a solid set-up.

And the touch hole is visible. To the right of the pan on frizzen side.

OP. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot that gun. Looks like it's built like a tank. Make sure she's empty before trying to load it. As for junk, the Japanese didn't/don't make junk. Their culture and philosophy won't allow for it. Japan ain't China.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a touch hole and yes it was shot years ago. And yes, I am not worried about the 2 piece barrel at all. As mentioned by 64Springer, it is built as strong or stronger than others that I have seen.

Back