• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mink oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. One thing I like is that the fouling seems to dissolve better than some lubes I have used. I got the same feeling with coconut oil. It just seemed easier for the water to penetrate and soften the fouling. Makes cleaning easier.

I’ve used TOW mink oil in the past , I agree it’s a good patch lube.

I still have most of the tin I ordered, I just started using Olive Oil for my hunting lube instead...

I don’t have too mail order it, just go too the kitchen cabinet when SWMBO is NOT home and swipe some!

A Man could probably just skin out the Mink and use the pre lubed skin as a patch!

Just don’t use too much powder, the smell of scorched mink fur is horrendous. LOL

Sorry Guys I couldn’t resist.....

There’s a lot of good lubes around .

I feel it depends on the region your in , humidity levels as well as other environmental conditions.

What works in S. Fl may not work well in N. Mn.

All a person can really do is try different lubes and see what works best for your general location/gun..

I have no idea what mink oil contains or how it's obtained. I just figger that if some guy is squeezing a mink for its oil, there would be copious amounts of blood in the mix....and there ain't none. Smell doesn't bother me and it's about as good as any grease lube can possibly be. It's my hunting lube of choice, bar none.

I have no idea what mink oil contains or how it's obtained. I just figger that if some guy is squeezing a mink for its oil, there would be copious amounts of blood in the mix....and there ain't none. Smell doesn't bother me and it's about as good as any grease lube can possibly be. It's my hunting lube of choice, bar none.
Now are you talking mink blood or the squeezers blood? Cause I'd imagine there would be quite a bit of both!:D

I use the totw mink oil lube for all my prb loads. I lube the patches lightly and keep them in a plastic container til used. I do spit patch between shots on all my rifles too. I've had no problems with BP buildup doing this.

Latest posts

Back