• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mink Oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a light thumb rub of mink oil on a strip, then load it with a ball into a loading block and cut.

Repeat until the block is full, then go shoot!

Dont use the fake junk...

Buy a tin from TOTW, it's real mink tallow, not the fake kiwi stuff. Its all I use in the winter, otherwise as mentioned over and over spit in the warm months and fall!

Flint62Smoothie said:
The TOW mink oil for $6 is a more pure product
Crewdawg445 said:
Dont use the fake junk...Buy a tin from TOTW, it's real mink tallow, not the fake kiwi stuff.
It is?
Why don't you guy's call TOTW,, ask for Dave, then ask him about his "mink oil".
(tell me if you get a straight answer)(I live 45miles from the shop and have listened to Dave face to face many times)
,then after listening to what he has to tell you, decide for yourself which "mink oil" is better.

I'm guessing you can get TOTW's "better" mink oil for $6 but will pay $12 for shipping.

TOTW doesn't "make" anything,, they're just a marketing supply house.

necchi said:
Flint62Smoothie said:
The TOW mink oil for $6 is a more pure product
Crewdawg445 said:
Dont use the fake junk...Buy a tin from TOTW, it's real mink tallow, not the fake kiwi stuff.
It is?
Why don't you guy's call TOTW,, ask for Dave, then ask him about his "mink oil".
(tell me if you get a straight answer)(I live 45miles from the shop and have listened to Dave face to face many times)
,then after listening to what he has to tell you, decide for yourself which "mink oil" is better.

I'm guessing you can get TOTW's "better" mink oil for $6 but will pay $12 for shipping.

TOTW doesn't "make" anything,, they're just a marketing supply house.
So why don’t you TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN? I gave up on mind reading once I heard the first politician speak ...

Flint62Smoothie said:
I gave up on mind reading once I heard the first politician speak ...
:confused:
I think I made myself pretty clear,,
Call Track of The Wolf; Ask for the owner Dave; ask Dave why his marketed "mink oil" is better then any other off the shelf "mink oil".
Then tell me what he said. Because if you can get a straight answer you have done better than me. :idunno:
Tell him you heard this from JohnT @ 56301

Crewdawg445 said:
Dont use the fake junk...

Buy a tin from TOTW, it's real mink tallow, not the fake kiwi stuff. Its all I use in the winter, otherwise as mentioned over and over spit in the warm months and fall!
I have always use spit patch year around for target shooting. But lately been blowing patches so thought I would try mink oil. Will order some from TOW. Thanks to all

I'm a spit patch person, however during the late winter hunting season mink tallow is excellent.

You'll be rather happy with it. My father used to trap mink and I gave rendering the tallow a go but found I'd rather just purchase it. The only fat I bother with rendering now is beef for pemmican.

According to my can and the product information on the website it is “pure mink oil tallow”. Website also goes on to claim no additional additives. So not sure what your driving at. Either they fooled me with fancy word games, out right lied to consumers or it is what they say it is. Please explain the word games if any outright lying, I believe, is illegal in advertising.

For what its worth, I'm a hunter. I may be hunting in 60 degree weather or 0 degree weather. I practice shooting, dialing in loads and such, to be a better shot for hunting (plus I enjoy rollin smoke too). So I experiment with loads suitable for hunting in varying weather temps. Thus far I've not found a patch lube for hunting my loads/rifles like better than TOW Mink Oil. Your mileage may vary.

Crewdawg445 said:
You'll be rather happy with it. My father used to trap mink and I gave rendering the tallow a go but found I'd rather just purchase it. The only fat I bother with rendering now is beef for pemmican.

In my younger days I have trap a few mink, but I just don't remember them having that much fat to render tallow. But I guess they do.

Latest posts

Back