• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mini cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a cannon... here is a photo of it.

Canon.jpg

and here is another photo for scale

Cannon2.jpg

The story behind this mini cannon - my best friend's father was a retired machinist for the PSNS shipyard who worked for NOAA. One day I brought a photo to him and asked if he could turn me a cannon barrel like it on his basement lathe. He asked what bore size it should be and I told him .177 ( to shoot BB's ) Well we did it - in one afternoon - and a short time later he died of a heart attack while at sea. I made the carriage from a scrap of oak flooring and it now sits inside a small glass display case on my mantle.

thats real neat....did you ever fire it in honor of him......................................bob

some things were just ment to be used.....especialy blackpowder ones..........................bob

I have got to have one of those !!!!

Robin and others.... Could you make one out of Brass? I might need some help on this one.... drawings, etc.

Chuck

Here I go again, humoring up a good post...

LEJ, how do we know you don't just have a really large dime? :haha: :haha: :haha:

ahem, Mini gun and cannons are quite a fad now days, there is a post I did in the flintlock section called: Down-Sized Flintlocks, some of the work done is just as good as a full sized original...

Down-Sized Flintlocks

No problem here, I just need a half outline in AutoCad so I have something to feed into the lathe. I owe you for that Accraglas and stuff, would you like me to invest some of it in a lump of brass? ::

This is a 24 pdr Bloomfield naval gun.

outline.jpg

now ya done did it i want one too....but i want a repro of a cannon from old ironsides.....that should date some where in the 1800's if i'm not wrong....but someting in a .22 or .25 cal........................bob

Yes indeed !!!!

I would love it if you would make me an exact copy of yours. Just the cannon, I could make a carriage. Do this for me and all debts are paid. If you need extra money, we'll work that out too.

Couple things... how would I attach those pins that hold the barrel in the carriage and how would I drill the hole?

No hurry, just when you have time.

Chuck

As a post script to the mini cannon photos - even the small ones can be deadly! Think of it as shooting a pistol...

( end of disclaimer )

You are so right, no matter what size it is, it must be treated as a deadly weapon, we should never forget that small guns can kill too...

That's the most COOLEST! Do you use a small patch, or do the BBs fit tight enough to get a good seal already? Also, how accurate is it? You should go buy a giant bucket of plastic army men and blow 'em all away! :haha:

I would love it if you would make me an exact copy of yours.

Copy that old piece of tatt ::

It's very flattering that you like my folksy cannon but with all this computer power now at my disposal, isn't that a bit like asking Michael Angelo to wallpaper the Sistine Chapel :shocking:

You forget I can barely hammer a nail correctly... just make me the kinda cannon you would like to have. Trust me when I say I won't be dissappointed.

What about the barrel lenght what would you recomend. 4-5 inch barrel?

Chuck

(buying a couple hundred q-tips in anticipation of swabing the bore.)

ever thought of going down the the vet or doctors office and getting some of those long Q-tips , the ones with the wood handles and are about 12 inches long . you should be able to swab the barrel with those and bring her back ?

ever thought of going down the the vet or doctors office and getting some of those long Q-tips , the ones with the wood handles and are about 12 inches long .

Any well supplied drug store will carry them...

Back