• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mine, mine, all mine..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the compliments :thumbsup:

I think I have had this piece of walnut for about 8 years now.. has to be one of the first stocks that I bought from Freddie Harrison. Its some really hard stuff. Just used scrapers (old saw blades) to shape and finish this one.. :thumbsup:

Smooooooth Roy. Love the lock and those thin lock panels!!!! Did you ever wonder if you were going to be able to work it in there? Again, cool lock and very nice work shaping the entire stock. :thumbsup:

It took some figuring :haha:

Notice I tilted the lock up just a touch to get the front lock bolt in the center.. I ground a bunch off of the top of the mainsprings to get it where I wanted :haha: Almost too big of a lock for that barrel but thats why I like it :haha:

It is another Davis lock I messed with a good bit. I removed the bridle from the pan and put the frizzen screw in from the outside.. and made the sear spring screw hole blind. It originally looked like this.. http://www.redaviscompany.com/images/products/0045big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You naming my gun?? Ya know thats not something I normally do :haha: :hmm: Jane... I like it :thumbsup:

Roy said:
You naming my gun?? Ya know thats not something I normally do :haha: :hmm: Jane... I like it :thumbsup:

I have a penchant for naming things. I can't help it! Can't wait to see Fearnaught when she's finished!

Ummm, more like this Jane:

images.jpg

Sparks great.. will shoot it tomorrow. :thumbsup: Davis has really stepped up their game. I had this lock for another build, the person decided to go with another lock so I kept this one and made some changes. :thumbsup:

'Bout dang time! :thumbsup:
I like it! Sweet lines. You picked a good builder too. :bow:
And just in time for the smoothbore contest I have planned for November.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mine, mine, all mine..

awful nice gun Roy,,as usual! you does have a way makin them plain guns look so special! Great Job!! Awesome looker, bet shoots too....now,,what ya gonna build for you to keep? ,,,,ya jus know,,ya jus gotta know,,that'll find a buyer,,it jus happens!!
Awesome Roy!
will that get a tomato eatin deer ?

Back