• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Mike Brooks Lehigh Valley, PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am selling this Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania rifle since I own two of them. Beautiful architecture built by my favorite custom builder Mike Brooks. Its stocked in maple, .50 caliber, and weighs about 6 and a half pounds.

It has a super fast Larry Zornes Germanic lock. The buttplate and trigger guard are cast by Mike Brooks from originals. Maple stock. LOP is about 13 1/2". Overall length is about 54".

The barrel is a "one off" . Colerain barrel octagon to round with a wedding band at the transition. 38" long. Rifling cut by Bobby Hoyt. 1in60 twist semi round bottom 7 lands.

Your chance to own a cust heirloom deer killer. I will ship this in the states in a wooden box and cover shipping for $3000.00. This is a hearty rifle that points well.

I know this is an investment so will consider payments. Discussed over a phone call. Will also consider trades or partial trades for original southern guns, civil war guns, shrunken heads, or other oddities and curiosities.
Regards,
James

20220204_111317.jpg
20220204_111324.jpg
20220204_111330.jpg
20220204_111339.jpg
20220204_111349.jpg

Is the barrel
I am selling this Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania rifle since I own two of them. Beautiful architecture built by my favorite custom builder Mike Brooks. Its stocked in maple, .50 caliber, and weighs about 6 and a half pounds.

It has a super fast Larry Zornes Germanic lock. The buttplate and trigger guard are cast by Mike Brooks from originals. Maple stock. LOP is about 13 1/2". Overall length is about 54".

The barrel is a "one off" . Colerain barrel octagon to round with a wedding band at the transition. 38" long. Rifling cut by Bobby Hoyt. 1in60 twist semi round bottom 7 lands.

Your chance to own a cust heirloom deer killer. I will ship this in the states in a wooden box and cover shipping for $3000.00. This is a hearty rifle that points well.

I know this is an investment so will consider payments. Discussed over a phone call. Will also consider trades or partial trades for original southern guns, civil war guns, shrunken heads, or other oddities and curiosities.
Regards,
James

View attachment 119759View attachment 119760View attachment 119761View attachment 119762View attachment 119763
Is the barrel straight or swamped?
Thanks

Is the barrel

Is the barrel straight or swamped?
Thanks

Well I had been thinking this barrel was tapered but I measured it after your inquiry. It does have some flare at the muzzle so yes it is swamped. The breach is about 1" (1.04"), the muzzle is a little over 3/4" (.780"), and the narrowest part of the waist is .745". It is octagonal to round with the wedding band at 12" from the breach. Thanks for asking.
James

Back