• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midwest?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana be considered Midwest! If this ain’t the west then why do we wear these funny clothes.
I didn't draw the maps or decide who went where for the Forums Regional index but I think the reason they were put into the Midwest is because by doing so, another region wouldn't need to be added.
Some people would say Colorado, Wyoming and Montana would be in the "Mountain" zone.

I guess it is what it is and everybody has to be some place so for our forum they are in the Midwest zone. Try not to worry about it. :)

Hey! At one time Colorado, Wyoming and Montana were all part of the Nebraska territory. You really can’t be more mid-west than Nebraska!
And I don’t no way consider anyone to wear funny clothes - ‘cept Colorado and Iowa people who wear those funny bumblebee colors....

:ghostly:

heck you all lucky we dont call you part of Texas !
$_57.jpg

How can Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana be considered Midwest! If this ain’t the west then why do we wear these funny clothes.

I think of the Midwest being along geographical lines of the Louisiana purchase. Perhaps it it would be better if we thought of latitude references such as upper Midwest and lower Midwest.

I guess it's all relative to where you're from. Where I come from, anything the other side of Bend is "back east." If you're from John Day, well.....that's really back east.

In good ol' Upshur County Texas the Yam Capitol of the world, I lived near the Sabine River and I only got to see water moccasins. I threw a lot of lead at them with my 1861, but I guess it would have helped if I actually hit some of them.

Ain't parts of Colorado and Wyoming technically part of the old Texas Republic? Maybe they should be considered part of that area.And funny clothes I have wore biboveralls most of my life, Pointer and Roundhouse these days as they are made in the USA, nope Carhartt isn't.

Well I haven't worn bibs since 1840 but at times seems like it , and I don't which sucks more gettin old or with this virus stuff being an unintentional shut in, when's the last time you heard that term? I just hope and pray that all here are doing well and same goes for all others that are having to deal with the virus. Time to put on lowback bibs as the weather is startin to warm up. On the bright side looks like my winter fat has now turned into spring rolls.

I don't want to get nit picky already here, but wow, this is such an obvious mistake. What is shown as the "great lakes" is what the Midwest is. The states listed on here as "midwest" is beyond a shadow of a doubt NOT in any way the midwest. You could call them central states, or plains states, but the "midwest" they are not. Missouri is the only odd man out, and it could equally be a plains state, midwest, or southern state depending on who you ask.

Back