• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually may have some....I have 1 tin of percussion caps that are old, they're marked "Made in Italy" . They're most likely Fiocchi which makes sense....given that Italy has all the reproduction gunmakers
The Fiocchis used to be in red plastic tins and were included in some of the old revolver kits.

I have over 1,000 of the old Dixie Gun Works caps. They are in red plastic tins and marked "made in Italy". Would these be Fiocchi made? I haven't shot any in a while. IIRC, they are hot caps but more corrosive than Pyrodex.

Just like the picture on Dr. S thread, the Remington tin says, PERCUSSION CAPS, not percussion primers. Most all primers function by hitting it with a firing pin (percussion) but not all primers are percussion caps. (209 primers used on in-lines are properly called primers.) This misnomer is being used by a lot of newbies. Even the employees at gun shops get confused with the terms. I'm not just being picky. I'm being concise. Someone experimented with a muzzle loader fired with electronic ignition. A conventional muzzle loader "might" go off electronically if hit by lightning. My favorite percussion caps were the RWS which I haven't found in the states for well over a decade. Hate to think how expensive it would be to order from Germany. Not sure how much 33 euros translate to dollars and cents, U.S.

I keep watching their site for the Traditions Trapper Flintlock pistol kit. I recently picked up the Kentucky percussion pistol from them and have been enjoying it. Now it’s time to add a flintlock to my collection.
Muzzle-loaders.com has them in stock $359,

I’d been planning on getting an 1851 but hadn’t gotten around to it. The price jump at Midway jarred me into action. EMF has them listed at $243 plus shipping, never dealt with them before but decided to give them a try. Very nice on the phone and I should have it next week.
EmF is excellent company. There gunsmith Charlie is top-notch and is always willing to help. Remember him if you have any concerns with product. Which will be well made for sure

Early and Modern Firearms. Been in business for many years, back to the 70s IIRC

Got a text from Midway today lots of C&B revolvers for sale and in stock.
Midway sales are suspect. They raise the price of items just before they go on sale. I had one I was looking at but waiting until they offered a free shipping coupon, and insted they had a $20 off sale and I went to buy it but they just raise the price that much. I don't like price games.

Muzzle-loaders.com has them in stock $359,
A friend of mine recently purchased a Trapper. I was skeptical regarding the rear stock, where the wood is a straight line. When I held his gun, I was impressed at how natural it felt.

Midway sales are suspect. They raise the price of items just before they go on sale. I had one I was looking at but waiting until they offered a free shipping coupon, and insted they had a $20 off sale and I went to buy it but they just raise the price that much. I don't like price games.
I agree. They once had $500 off on a Great Plains rifle. I was in the process of ordering it when a message appeared telling me the sale was over, However, I could still order it for the regular price. I did not buy it. I ordered a Pedersoli, Missouri Hawken rifle from Jedediah Smith, in Michigan instead.

I received 4 Ubertis from Midway since November - 1 was exchanged by them and 2 went to Uberti Warranty. All brand new and never fired. That's 75% quality rejection rate!

Learned something new about Midway, I always thought they were just a gun and hunting place. I have been looking a specific fly rod and found out they carry fly rods and fly stuff and they had the rod.

I've been crushing Midways sales on revolver round balls though, and if you're willing to gamble they sell new revolvers for less than people are asking for the same model used

240 buck .44 brassers all day if you want them

Latest posts

Back