• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed some handles for a 6 cavity bullet mold. They were the only place I could find that had them in stock. Placed my first order with them this morning, it shipped this afternoon, and tracking says it will arrive on Monday. Free shipping too.

Indeed!
They literally ship anything that I order, PAST my community on a UPS truck, another one hundred and fifty miles to New Jersey. When the stuff gets to NJ, the UPS people put the item in the US Mail to come back down to Maryland.
MidwayUSA must have some sort of weird shipping deal with UPS because there is a UPS shipping hub less than 50 miles from my house.

LD
Ups uses usps for last mile delivery unless you upgrade your ups service. It isn't midwayusa. It is our government

It ha
Ups uses usps for last mile delivery unless you upgrade your ups service. It isn't midwayusa. It is our government
It has nothing to do with the government. Midway often uses UPS Smartpost service, or they used to. That service is UPS delivery to the local post office, and final delivery to the customer. It's cheaper for the shipper because it takes a back seat to regular UPS., and has different routing.

My orders from Midway (BP), limited to two lbs per granulation, have taken 3 to 5 days, low hazmat charges, no problems. I ordered a few ramrods from TOTW on the 12th and they are on their way from Richmond Post Office to Spotsylvania VA (40 miles) for the past 4 days, “arriving late”. The USPS sucks. I got a Christmas card mailed from NJ on Dec 10th, arrived yesterday! As for Dixie, their website says 30 day shipping delay, so buyer beware.

Buy enough to get you through the next couple years w / the Joe biteme / bummer undercover admin. in power. Looking for ammo and component ban next , if it wasn't among those "edicts" signed first day in the "under siege" , W.H. Just do it. Don't be one of those poor souls w/o powder for your balls. That's no fun at all........

Been doing business with Midway for at least 25 years if not more. Never had any issues the Pandemic has slowed things down...much. That said I've been recently ordering from Midway and get stuff in usually 3-4 days to N. Texas.

I looked at the website and the powder prices are very reasonable given todays dollar. The cap prices, however, startled me. Did i read it right? 7 cents a cap?!!!! Also they need to change "back powder" heading to black powder unless they sell talcum! LOL.

I can agree on the feeling you have about Midway. They do seem to take a long time with shipping. And you cannot cancel at times. Also, I'm not too sure about their rates. Seems a bit much at times.

So I'm careful about what I order from them. So they are not my most fav.

Usually, my orders from Midway take a minimum of 5 days, I'm in California.
I placed an order on the 19th and it was here today, the 22nd. Perhaps I got lucky? Dunno, but I hope it continues.

Been ordering from Midway for years and years. Almost always the shipping is fast,. Once in while slower but not very often and the wait is not long..

Nobody's perfect.

Just a note I have spent very large amounts of $$$ and all other suppliers are fast when ordering powder, Graf and Son. Taking four months to get an order is BS. :doh:Got order today :ThankYou:

Don't allow back orders. IF I get an E-receipt and it says backorder I cancel right then.

Also shipping has been a mess lately. Packages are taking forever. Things are getting lost or destroyed. I recently had a $200 book lost/destroyed by USPS. I insisted the vendor eat the charges and refund my card. They have insurance. IF you wait to long you are SOL.

Last edited:
ALL of the suppliers are having issues with shipping and getting their supplies to ship to customers. That same supplier that you ordered from a month ago and received your order in 3 days may now take a month to ship the same order. It is a manure shoot on shipping now a days - complain if you will as this issue will continue and not everyone will be happy ☹

I've had nothing but good experience with Midway. My orders usually ship (free if you wait for the free shipping promo) and they have always shipped within 24 hours of ordering. Last week I ordered a Lee lead furnace, bullet mold and other accessories on Wednesday afternoon, it shipped early Thursday morning and I had it delivered Sunday. I've never ordered powder through them however.

Latest posts

Back