• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer 756

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just received my order for black powder that was placed 4 months ago. I will never order powder from Midway again. Graf and Son still the lowest price and turn around time is great Ordered 5 lbs from both Midway side order was om hand when I ordered but later was put on back ordered, 4 days after ordered Midway was also higher on cost. For all that say Midway is great, good luck Graf and Son orders are shipped within 10 days as this is stated in their web page when placing order. :doh:

Graf's has been my go-to for powder for a long time: fast shipping and they don't hose you on hazmat or shipping fees. I've never had an issue with Midway, but I've also never ordered bp from them.

Just received my order for black powder that was placed 4 months ago. I will never order powder from Midway again. Graf and Son still the lowest price and turn around time is great Ordered 5 lbs from both Midway side order was om hand when I ordered but later was put on back ordered, 4 days after ordered Midway was also higher on cost. For all that say Midway is great, good luck Graf and Son orders are shipped within 10 days as this is stated in their web page when placing order. :doh:

Seriously Midways shipping in the last few years really has gone down the crapper

Before the fake pandemic i ordered a spring the size of one in a pen and it took over 2 weeks to arrive it cost over $8 to ship and when i called after 10 days the girl at midway was rude and told me well you cant put in a complaint we have 30 days to get it to you.So with that midway lost mine and my friends busines.

The only time I order from Midway is when I can't find it somewhere else. Their shipping is outrageous. Then they send by the slowest and cheapest USPS option available.

Indeed!
They literally ship anything that I order, PAST my community on a UPS truck, another one hundred and fifty miles to New Jersey. When the stuff gets to NJ, the UPS people put the item in the US Mail to come back down to Maryland.
MidwayUSA must have some sort of weird shipping deal with UPS because there is a UPS shipping hub less than 50 miles from my house.

LD

Midway can't possibly be worse the Dixie, I ordered a Kentucky pistol from them well over a month and haven't heard a thing from them.

I put in an order with Dixie on 12/19/20 and received it 1/20/21. Hopefully the order I put in on 1/3 will arrive in the same time frame. Dixie takes a long time to fill the order. Midway fills it quick then sends it the slowest way possible and charges outrageous shipping fees. I have ordered parts from other suppliers at a $5.00 higher cost than Midway and had shipping come out cheaper and faster making the total cost lower than Midways.

I order powder and caps from Crater Fireworks out of IL. Never had a problem. I also like the pens and scratch pad paper they send with it.

Back