• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway USA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ghostly:just got off phone with costumer service as to why one part, small screw, had to be shipped UPS and take up to nine days for delivery. Noted to costumer service that other small parts that I order from other service companies ship by USPS priority, parts are in my hands two days. Also it is cheaper than UPS Costumer Service had no answer as to why they don't us USPS.
The last things I ordered from Midway were some proprietary repair parts I couldn't get anywhere else.
the parts cost total was a whopping $7.00 and change. They quoted a shipping cost of $12.95 with an extra $10.00 for Alaska shipping. My customer agreed to the outrageous amount so I completed the order. Midway shipped the items in an envelope by UPS surepost at a cost to them of $2.95. When I called to complain, they told me that if I wasn't happy with their policies I sure didn't have to buy from them. That was three years ago and I have held them to that. Won't do business with them again.

The last things I ordered from Midway were some proprietary repair parts I couldn't get anywhere else.
the parts cost total was a whopping $7.00 and change. They quoted a shipping cost of $12.95 with an extra $10.00 for Alaska shipping. My customer agreed to the outrageous amount so I completed the order. Midway shipped the items in an envelope by UPS surepost at a cost to them of $2.95. When I called to complain, they told me that if I wasn't happy with their policies I sure didn't have to buy from them. That was three years ago and I have held them to that. Won't do business with them again.
Most times, shipping cost also include handling and packaging the items. It cost money to do that.

Most times, shipping cost also include handling and packaging the items. It cost money to do that.
Standard shipping and handling to any place in the lower 48 states was ten dollars. They satisfied their costs with that ten dollars. They want an extra ten dollars to ship to Alaska and their shipping cost was $2.95. USPS small flat rate box is $4.95. That's not covering your costs that's rape.

The "truth" is that most vendors will work with their customers to reduce their shipping costs to a reasonable amount. Midway won't. They have a new automated shipping line (per Midway customer service) and an exclusive shipping agreement with UPS. UPS picked up the $22.95 package, slapped a Surepost $2.95 label on it, had USPS pick it up and send it regular mail. That same package and process to you in NY would have been $10. That's a truth I can see and is why Midway and I parted company. Your truth may vary.

Just bought 2 shotgun chokes, for the lowest price I could find anywhere, and some 20 gauge slugs. Order came to $60 and the shipping was free from Midway. Never had a problem with them.

Just yesterday I told Midsouth Shooters Supply th
Just bought 2 shotgun chokes, for the lowest price I could find anywhere, and some 20 gauge slugs. Order came to $60 and the shipping was free from Midway. Never had a problem with them.

Me either. Usually I only purchase from them while they are having sales on the items I need.

Just yesterday, Midsouth Shooters Supply refunded their $16 shipping charge (I ordered some very heavy items) because I mentioned to them that in their last shipment to me a few of the packing containers were severely damaged. I even stressed that there was no monetary loss to the items inside.

I buy from midway and several other companies. I use a post office box instead of home mail. The mail service at home is as reliable as the carrier, carriers change often. Friend owns a pawn and gun store, I have everything shipped to his place. After I started using his place delivery reliability is now dependable and quicker? Cost isn't any higher or cheaper that I can tell. Screws that are a dollar or two still cost more for shipping than the parts cost. The wonderful thing about it is that now I get the stuff. Who I buy from midway, midsouth, dixie etc depends on who has best price. Shipping is part of price so I shop around. I know total cost before buying and like it or not if it is something I want or need pay it. Choice was mine so I can't justify complaining.

Yep, we vote with our pocketbooks.

Never had a problem with midway and I have bought a bunch of items from them, fast shipping and often no shipping charges. They have my business not only because of that but also a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and N.R.A. These are the kind of vendors that need to be supported with what's going on in congress now. Even if there is a shipping charge.

I deal with Brownell's now. Their prices are competitive with Midway, they support the NRA fervently, they ship USPS, and they don't charge me $12.95 plus $10.00 extra for a shipment that cost UPS $2.95 to mail by USPS with their "sure-post" option. If you are satisfied with your dealings with Midway, great. I wasn't and have moved on to a vendor that treats me better.

I hold Midway in high regard for their support of NRA, educational videos, good pricing, broad selection, but they are as stubborn as a Missouri when it comes to setting arbitrary policies.

At one time they had a minimum order policy ($25 I think). I was reloading extensively at that time and ordering regularly, but I had some urgent need for one item a little under the minimum and was well stocked on everything I was regularly buying from them. The order taker wouldn't take my order due to the minimum so I offered to pay the full minimum order price for the item. NO! "If we let you do that, what would be the point of having a minimum order policy?" Duh!

Standard shipping and handling to any place in the lower 48 states was ten dollars. They satisfied their costs with that ten dollars. They want an extra ten dollars to ship to Alaska and their shipping cost was $2.95. USPS small flat rate box is $4.95. That's not covering your costs that's rape.

Nope, the have to pay employees to box your item, they have to pay for a box, they have to pay for packaging and tape, and utilities. Like I said, it cost money, more than you think. Before I sold my business and retired, I employed 186 people. It cost money. Or, I can charge you $24.95 for the part and $6.95 shipping and handling.

Yeah Rich, I own my own business as well. I know what it costs to ship to Alaska. I know what it costs to ship from Alaska. So I guess what you are saying is that they can satisfy their costs for ten dollars or less to ship to Montana, Maine, Florida, Utah, Kentucky or any other state in the union, but they have to pay their people more, spend more money on tape, boxes and supplies to ship to Alaska? I'm at a loss to understand how Brownell's, Buckeye, Jerry's, CDNN, Sarco, Bud's, Savage Arms, Remington, Sturm Ruger, Taurus, Track of the Wolf ad nauseum, ad infinitum stay in business by not charging an Alaska surcharge.

Move out of Alaska. Heck, everyone from everywhere is coming to Texas... c'mon in the waters fine!

It's hard not to like Larry Potterfield! My only gripe about Midway is when you buy from them you phone gets bombarded with emails telling you about all the great deals your missing out on. Their unsubscribe option appears to be broken:)

I am lucky that Midway is down the road a piece from me. The first time I went I didn't realize they didn't really have a store front. I had to place the order and come back to pick it up.
I don't understand why companies charge shipping rates by dollars spent, instead of weight. I have quit ordering from these places.

Latest posts

Back