• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway USA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know someone did one on Midway months ago, they had a problem with round balls getting loose in the shipping box, but I couldn't find it so I'm starting anew.

Man their shipping time seems 1st rate. I put in an order this morning (Sunday) about 7:30 went with economy shipping, got an e mail with a tracking number less then 9 hours later :)

The order had 9 items and they got it done on a sunday, Not bad, not bad. I wish they had a little more Muzzleloader stuff but what they have is priced competitive, Midway brand products (Like gun cases, shirts etc) always seem a value for the money (though I do normally grab them while they are on sale) They even had a soft case that fits my Rocky Mt. Hawkins like a glove, Heavy canvas outside, good Zipper and it was under $30 on sale when I got it.

I have always been happy with midway, their prices are as good as anybody's. Have brought lots of ammo from them. But no more buying ammo, the great state of Calif. wants to make America safe so they out law buying ammo by mail. I am sure all the gang banger's buy their ammo on line.

My problem was the plastic boxes from Speer with my .530 round ball both showed up broken. As though they had been crushed. I alerted Midway after the first damaged box (which had been so badly broken it opened in transit). I just wanted them to check how they store and how they ship the round ball, and they actually sent me a box as a replacement ;), but it was broken when it arrived too. :( Shipping time and prices weren't the issue. I suspected that they merely stacked the boxes too high, and the bottom ones were crushed by the weight from above.

LD

I have had the pleasure of buying many things from Midway over the years and have always been very pleased with the products and their service. In my books, Midway is tops.

My problem was the plastic boxes from Speer with my .530 round ball both showed up broken. As though they had been crushed. I alerted Midway after the first damaged box (which had been so badly broken it opened in transit). I just wanted them to check how they store and how they ship the round ball, and they actually sent me a box as a replacement ;), but it was broken when it arrived too. :( Shipping time and prices weren't the issue. I suspected that they merely stacked the boxes too high, and the bottom ones were crushed by the weight from above.

LD

That was the post I was looking for. Yea I think Good companies can stand the bad with the good. I bet you are right someone stacked the new boxes as high as they could stack the old yellow (super strong) boxes and crushed the new lighter weight boxes.

my only issue with Midway (besides everything being overpriced) is their deceptive shipping habits.

example: get an e-mail Monday "YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!"
then when you track shipping the FOLLOWING Monday, you notice in tracking history......" picked up at shippers facility on (the following) Friday......"

EVERY order is this way......

New avatar is my poor ol best buddy that passed due to auto immune disease.

Re Midway, I always was happy with them, will have to look into the deceiving shipping alerts? Only gripe I have is when .22 were scarce I back ordered like 30K rounds. Still will get an occasional "were sorry your item is no longer available" e-mail. Heck you can get em all over the place now. And after Tuesday maybe we outta stock up again:eek:

:ghostly:Just a note that if shipment is by UPS lots of luck nothing getting damage items. Just had a $$$$ fat tire bike shipped and when went to pick up bike shipping carton looked like it was dropped. When open noted lots of damage to $$$$ bike. Also UPS is not to friendly to dell with. It has been 3 weeks and still no settlement from UPS. Hunting season starts the 17th.

Buying ballls... Well I guess some folk do.
Midways, tho a great place and guy, would be on the bottom of my list for getting muzzle loading supplies.
Places like Buffalo Arms is more to the liking

Most of my ordering from Midway has been for unmentionables here, However, I have gotten just a few ML things from them. It does not take very long for delivery via UPS since I am rather close and "knock on wood" all packages have arrived in good shape.

I will also add that my collegiate shooting team has been involved with the Potterfield Foundation via SSSF since the foundations start. The generosity has helped a lot of kids....

:ghostly:just got off phone with costumer service as to why one part, small screw, had to be shipped UPS and take up to nine days for delivery. Noted to costumer service that other small parts that I order from other service companies ship by USPS priority, parts are in my hands two days. Also it is cheaper than UPS Costumer Service had no answer as to why they don't us USPS.

Latest posts

Back