• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Midway - maybe wait a few months to order from them. . .while they work the kinks out.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my favorite online companies seems to be having issues right now. . . . . :confused: they just went "paperless" maybe that change has something to do with this fiasco.

Midway gives you this great "Birthday Deal" the week of your birthday if you have an account with them. Basically everything not on deal is on deal the week of your birthday.
So I took advantage and ordered 7 items for reloading that I wanted and never seem to go on sale. About $300 worth of stuff, that I paid $245 for because of the deal. 👍

I received a spot light, only a spot light 😲 I didn't order a spot light.

So I try to return it, but every way of returning only allows me to return items I ordered. . . . I never ordered the spotlight.
So I e-mail Midway

Midway " Thank you for emailing MidwayUSA! I'm very sorry that the package you received did not contain what you ordered. If you would please follow the return instructions provided here, we will gladly get you what you ordered: *********** Please select the item(s) you should have received during this process and send back what you received. "

Me "How am I supposed to fill out your return for an order I did not receive??
You are asking me in the return form "which items from my order" I am returning. . . .I got none of them. I received ONLY a Cyclops Spotlight. <------THAT I NEVER ORDERED!!
I can't "please follow the return instructions provided here," as they limit me to returning items I never received and fail to give me the option of returning an item not on my order.

I DIDN'T RECIVE MY ORDER!!

Why don't you
1) send me a return label, so I can send this damn spotlight back.
2) Send me my order.

How about you do that. "

Midway " Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to your recent order. I do apologize that you received a light instead of your original products. The link to our returns page still would need to be used in order to fill out this return. You would need to select that order to return. Under the reason you would select the "did not order" choice and explain the issue there. Once again, I do apologize for the trouble and frustration has caused you."

At this point I spoke on the phone with them and they explained that Each Item I ordered would need to be "Returned" so that I could get a "Replacement" shipped to me.

Me "Based on your instructions, and against my better judgment, I filled out a return form stating that I am returning items that I never received so that you can send me a return label so I can return the actual item I’m returning which no place on the form is ever mentioned. All so that I can get you to send me the items I’m stating I’m returning which I have long since paid for but never gotten . I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that this will go well, and my confidence in Midway as a company is shaken by this ridiculous manner of returning an item that you own that I never ordered and trying to get the items that I paid for and you’ve never sent me. "

They shipped me my order on the 17th. . . . and again on the 20th (The one they sent yesterday, the 20th has the spotlight included in it) :doh:

I removed my debit card information from midway as I no longer trust them with it. When this 2nd box arrives I'll be damned if I'll fill out a return form! They can mail me a return shipping label or the box can rot on my porch!

Last edited:
🤣

Yes a LOT of companies buy systems from outside sources, and they often seem to have been made by folks who really don't understand the real world. The fact that you were shipped something not ordered, and it was alone and not with a larger order, probably never occurred to the software person who set up Midway's system.

When told about such things, and that they should insert into their system a way to deal with just such a situation, computer software people often reply, "Why would that happen?" or "How could that happen?"

The fact that the software directs humans to fill and seal the boxes which may also need a human to affix the shipping label, and that humans are prone to error, seems a lost concept on some folks. Also the fact that humans are emotional, and if you eliminate a lot of humans from the ordering and handling portion of a company to try to avoid such mishaps..., the remaining humans might occasionally sabotage an order by leaving something out, or adding an extra item, just to mess with the company's rep and "bottom line".

LD

One of my favorite online companies seems to be having issues right now. . . . . :confused: they just went "paperless" maybe that change has something to do with this fiasco.

Midway gives you this great "Birthday Deal" the week of your birthday if you have an account with them. Basically everything not on deal is on deal the week of your birthday.
So I took advantage and ordered 7 items for reloading that I wanted and never seem to go on sale. About $300 worth of stuff, that I paid $245 for because of the deal. 👍

So I try to return it, but every way of returning only allows me to return items I ordered. . . . I never ordered the spotlight.
So I e-mail Midway

Midway " Thank you for emailing MidwayUSA! I'm very sorry that the package you received did not contain what you ordered. If you would please follow the return instructions provided here, we will gladly get you what you ordered: *********** Please select the item(s) you should have received during this process and send back what you received. "

You are asking me in the return form "which items from my order" I am returning. . . .I got none of them. I received ONLY a Cyclops Spotlight. <------THAT I NEVER ORDERED!!
I can't "please follow the return instructions provided here," as they limit me to returning items I never received and fail to give me the option of returning an item not on my order.

Why don't you
2) Send me my order.

How about you do that. "

Midway " Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to your recent order. I do apologize that you received a light instead of your original products. The link to our returns page still would need to be used in order to fill out this return. You would need to select that order to return. Under the reason you would select the "did not order" choice and explain the issue there. Once again, I do apologize for the trouble and frustration has caused you."

At this point I spoke on the phone with them and they explained that Each Item I ordered would need to be "Returned" so that I could get a "Replacement" shipped to me.

Me "Based on your instructions, and against my better judgment, I filled out a return form stating that I am returning items that I never received so that you can send me a return label so I can return the actual item I’m returning which no place on the form is ever mentioned. All so that I can get you to send me the items I’m stating I’m returning which I have long since paid for but never gotten . I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that this will go well, and my confidence in Midway as a company is shaken by this ridiculous manner of returning an item that you own that I never ordered and trying to get the items that I paid for and you’ve never sent me. "

They shipped me my order on the 17th. . . . and again on the 20th (The one they sent yesterday, the 20th has the spotlight included in it) :doh:

I removed my debit card information from midway as I no longer trust them with it. When this 2nd box arrives I'll be damned if I'll fill out a return form! They can mail me a return shipping label or the box can rot on my porch!
Like most retailer's in general I'm getting subpar service now as opposed to just months ago...I have gotten some great service from Midway in the past but it seems the "labor" shortage is a big contributing factor in a lot of places. I got to say their birthday deal is pretty sweet!

I ended up with 10 Ipods rotting on my porch I never ordered from anyone. Dont know where they were supposed to go but my porch aint it! Nobody came looking for them. UPS did not care either. No interest in retrieving the misdirected box.
After a month I found them 10 new homes on Fleabay. 😁

Seems to be all sorted out, they intercepted almost everything in that 10/20 shipment, except one $20 part which shipped separately for some reason. they told me to keep that part and they credited me with "Midway bucks" for the charge I had on my card for that one item. (They couldn't credit my card as I had pulled my cards from their access already) Like I said I really like midway and I feel sure this is growing pains from them going paperless . . . . . But I'll still wait a month or so to order again and watch the newest reviews of midway to see if the problem is on going or just a rough patch in their road to paperless.

So I e-mail Midway

Why don't you
2) Send me my order.

How about you do that. "

1st: never use a debit card. If it was a credit card you could dispute it.
2nd: call, it would be easier.
3rd: don't stress it.
I bought a Pachmayr grip from Midway. Lyman gave me the item number. It did not fit my Old Army. I called Lyman and they are working with me to correct it. Lyman told me to keep the poor fit grip and are sending me another one.

I think its the labor pool is down to old folks (like me) and mentally challenged. Heard about a guy who ordered a $800 appliance and after waiting months for delivery , filed a cc dispute. The CC refunded entire amount pending sellers response. In meantime seller refunded half the original cost to the buyers CC . To buyers astonishment Item was finally delivered 1.5 months later. On the day it arrived CC sent a letter awarding the total cost to the buyer. Do the math.

1st: never use a debit card. If it was a credit card you could dispute it.
2nd: call, it would be easier.
3rd: don't stress it.
I bought a Pachmayr grip from Midway. Lyman gave me the item number. It did not fit my Old Army. I called Lyman and they are working with me to correct it. Lyman told me to keep the poor fit grip and are sending me another one.
11.21.2021 Follow up. Lyman sent me the grip I needed and all is great!

I'm still waiting for a tang sight I ordered almost two months ago from Midway. I realize it isn't through any fault of theirs but when I placed the order, I got the correct hardware I ordered with it but no tang sight. I got assurances it shouldn't be more than a couple weeks more to get the tang sight.

Don't make promises you might have trouble keeping.

On Thursday, I ordered a Pietta 1851 US Marshal, in stock, for overnight delivery as a Father's Day gift to myself. Couple hours after ordering, got the UPS Tracking with an ETA of the next day. Well, it's now Sunday, chatted with a Midway Customer Service Rep yesterday, he said it was shipped. Called UPS, they said they never received it, only showing as "Label Created".

A bit irritated with this order and the finger pointing by Midway and UPS, wanted to have it to pop some rounds down range this weekend.

I ended up with 10 Ipods rotting on my porch I never ordered from anyone. Dont know where they were supposed to go but my porch aint it! Nobody came looking for them. UPS did not care either. No interest in retrieving the misdirected box.
After a month I found them 10 new homes on Fleabay. 😁
Ames:
MAN...I wish I had known that, I need one BAD!!!! I have an old RCA MP3 player from 1987 that's been on it's last legs for 20 years. It's only a matter of time and it's gonna' take a dump then I'm screwed!
God bless:
Two Feathers

I had bad experiences with both Midway and Brownells lately....both can rot away as far as I am concerned.

Just want to chime in on the credit card thing. Even if you were going to pay cash (through debit), it makes good financial sense to use a credit card if you don't carry a balance. Many cards offer some kind of points system rebate. I pay for all my usual monthly expenses via credit card and rack up Cabela's Bucks and Amazon points. Plus you build credit.

Just opened a several hundred dollar order from Midway yesterday. The order included some heavy steel plates and steel target stands. I was impressed with the time and effort taken to pack everything so the heavy plates did not smash the other items. I have had exactly ONE issue with Midway over the decades, and they took care of that.

Many years ago, I could not find some rare Lee dies. I e-mailed Larry directly and got a response “we have those, item number so-and-so”. Now I doubt it was really Larry I was corresponding with, but the point is the good customer service.

I've never had a problem with Midway, ordered dozens of times from them. My last order was a certain hunting bullet for reloading a non-mentionable that I haven't been able to find for over a year and they emailed me that it was in stock.

Back