• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Midway - maybe wait a few months to order from them. . .while they work the kinks out.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In two weeks, Midway has found a way to screw up two of my orders. They say both have been picked up by UPS, UPS says they never picked up/received them.

So, is UPS messing with vendors shipping firearms?

It could be. I have had several issues with UPS. They wrecked a shipment of oil one time. The driver must have dropped the case from about three feet. Crushed the bottom cans and oil was all over the pad in front of the garage. I called them to complain. Got a return call from them, they said the driver told them everything was fine when he left, maybe we should check with our neighbors. At the time, we still had our ranch. Our nearest neighbor was a quarter mile away and we were on good terms with all of our neighbors. People don't drive down a 100 yard driveway just to destroy a case of oil. I do not like UPS. Period.

I've had two orders from Midway in the last month. Everything was processed and shipped quickly and arrived when promised. I'm no fan of UPS but had no problems with the Midway deliveries. Maybe I just got lucky.

Jeff

If you received something you didn't order, you are not obligated to return the item.
Before I retired, there were a lot of companies like this that gave you the run around, either verbally, or via internet.
Fortunately, our county library had a full updated edition of the Thomas Catalog. I seem to recall it took up around 30' of shelf space.
The Thomas Catalog has the name and contact info for the company president, vice president, CEO, Marketing, etc. of every company in the USA. Phone numbers not listed on company sites, and not generally available to the public. Some are the actual home phones of the executives.
I can tell you when you start calling the big shots on their private lines, you get fast results. They want to know how you got their number, first off. Never tell them. They hate the loss of control, and quickly figure out someone at a lower level failed in what they were supposed to be doing. Explain what has happened, being polite. It has never taken more than two calls to get things squared away. Airlines screwed up so often I had the exec's on speed dial, and was upgraded to first class pretty regularly get me to shut up.

I don't understand why my pistol was initially shipped by Midway using UPS and then transferred to USPS once it arrived in my State. This particular pistol arrived in a crushed box. Even the Uberti box looked like manure but there was no damage to the pistol. I blame UPS and USPS for mishandling boxes that sometimes arrive looking like they were used for soccer practice. 😮

I don't understand why my pistol was initially shipped by Midway using UPS and then transferred to USPS once it arrived in my State. This particular pistol arrived in a crushed box. Even the Uberti box looked like manure but there was no damage to the pistol. I blame UPS and USPS for mishandling boxes that sometimes arrive looking like they were used for soccer practice. 😮
This is a rural area. It is not unusual for UPS to hand off to USPS. Sometimes it's on the brown truck. Sometimes it's on the white truck.

If you received something you didn't order, you are not obligated to return the item.
Before I retired, there were a lot of companies like this that gave you the run around, either verbally, or via internet.
Fortunately, our county library had a full updated edition of the Thomas Catalog. I seem to recall it took up around 30' of shelf space.
The Thomas Catalog has the name and contact info for the company president, vice president, CEO, Marketing, etc. of every company in the USA. Phone numbers not listed on company sites, and not generally available to the public. Some are the actual home phones of the executives.
I can tell you when you start calling the big shots on their private lines, you get fast results. They want to know how you got their number, first off. Never tell them. They hate the loss of control, and quickly figure out someone at a lower level failed in what they were supposed to be doing. Explain what has happened, being polite. It has never taken more than two calls to get things squared away. Airlines screwed up so often I had the exec's on speed dial, and was upgraded to first class pretty regularly get me to shut up.
I have also had good luck complaining to the Better Business Bureau located in the community where the company is headquartered.

I called 800 # with tracking and my complaint.(Packages being left at mailbox, on road, outside of gate, inside of gate etc, along a 200 yard stretch from mailbox to drive way in country) 1st call I got no responses, 2nd package I got minimal response. 3rd package, person on other end tried to call it an isolated incident. I had a list starting 4 months previous with tracking # 'so and dates received for documentation. Next day I received a phone call from Local UPS Manager and was given his cell phone number for any additional issues. It now is 18 months since the first 800 call and no problems in that time. Turned out had about 5 or 6 new drivers in a row that weren't trained properly plus now on record being an Ass if delivery is not done correctly.

MIDWAYUSA uses UPS. UPS uses their “bargin shipping” which they refer to as “Shared Post”. Shared Post begins life as UPS but is then handed over to the USPS. This slows the process and the delivery and I wish you luck tracking the package. It will arrive but not timely. Both of my two recent orders were delayed by multiple days later than the UPS “expected arrival date”.

UPS has a arrangement with USPS called last mile service. Where it is more economical to UPS to let USPS deliver
seeing that USPS delivers to every address thus saving UPS $$$ in fuel, time and equipment, They been doing this for many years. UPS trucks deliver to USPS local offices twice daily, morning and afternoons. Whats the offset ? UPS provides air service to USPS.

Here's one for you. I ordered some ML odds and ends a few years back and received a sewing machine! 30 days later we got it sorted out...my stuff went to a housewife in New Mexico and she got my jags, wads and patches. Moral: It only takes one person to screw up and the big companies have lots of " one persons".

It's called Smartpost. USPS delivers the last mile for UPS and FedEx. They used to do it for Amazon before Amazon started to do it all themselves.

I love it when people take an isolated incident and made it into something grand. I've ordered more manure from Midway in the last 3yrs than I care to think about. I'm talking dozens of orders and thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Can't remember the last time I had an issue that wasn't the shipper's fault. Historically, I've been ordering from them well over 20yrs and my biggest complaint has been the way they package rimfire ammo. That's it.

EDIT: I went and looked at my order history. Six orders this year (slow year), 20 orders last year, 27 in 2020 and handful each in 2019 and 2018, 27 orders in 2017. A whopping 33 orders in 2016.

Last edited:
If you think Midway is bad; you ought to deal with medical software written solely by engineers. I don’t have enough time to explain the abomination from Cerner we had to deal with. And typical Administration naturally blamed the staff since they couldn’t say they screwed up by buying it.

Back