• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Middlesex Village Trading Co

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a FdC from Veteran and it took waaay longer then was prescribed and if it wasn't for me following up on the regular I wouldn't have gotten any responses at all and only through e-mail.
I find this gutless from anyone never mind someone who's taken my money.
I will say in that although I ordered in june, was put on parts delay and finally received in October Charles did throw in 6 flints and a frizzen cover.
The jackass from MVTC needs a blanket party!
Anybody that obnoxious gets what he's got coming.

Scipio, he didn't deserve your money or your patronage

I ordered a FdC from Veteran and it took waaay longer then was prescribed and if it wasn't for me following up on the regular I wouldn't have gotten any responses at all and only through e-mail.
I find this gutless from anyone never mind someone who's taken my money.
I will say in that although I ordered in june, was put on parts delay and finally received in October Charles did throw in 6 flints and a frizzen cover.
The jackass from MVTC needs a blanket party!
Anybody that obnoxious gets what he's got coming.

Scipio, he didn't deserve your money or your patronage

I spoke to Pete a few years back about a 1756 and from I was told didn’t provide me with the confidence to go through with a purchase.

I’ve had to wait for kits and parts from the rifle shoppe and Jess Melott is pretty honest when he says 90-120 days to cast all parts and get a barrel.... I only purchase from The Rifle Shoppe; much more expensive but mr resale yields a profit and the owners are super kind.

The only Indian guns I’d purchase are from loyalist arms at least they don’t slam down the phone or send nasty emails.

I spoke to Pete a few years back about a 1756 and from I was told didn’t provide me with the confidence to go through with a purchase.

I’ve had to wait for kits and parts from the rifle shoppe and Jess Melott is pretty honest when he says 90-120 days to cast all parts and get a barrel.... I only purchase from The Rifle Shoppe; much more expensive but mr resale yields a profit and the owners are super kind.

The only Indian guns I’d purchase are from loyalist arms at least they don’t slam down the phone or send nasty emails.
Flinter,
Don't know if I will ever go that route ever again but if I did, that's where I'd go.
So much smack is talked about those weapons here and abroad that it almost rationalizes the piece of mind you'd get spending more money just from a "safety" aspect.
I got sucked in like Scipio, the cost is attractive, the wait is prohibitive and the stigma makes you want slap somebody.
I'm looking to find the time and tutor to build one of my own but that may take a while.

The Sicilian

Yep, a huge range of quality in the Indian guns. I've re-worked a few for reenactors, and some weren't too bad, while others were pretty horrible looking, but okay for making noise, and not breaking the bank.

Yep, a huge range of quality in the Indian guns. I've re-worked a few for reenactors, and some weren't too bad, while others were pretty horrible looking, but okay for making noise, and not breaking the bank.
Rock,
(Not from Rockville Center are you?)
Not sure if I got s good one or not yet.
Haven't had another to do a side by side comparison .
I like the idea, in some ways, that India guns are assembled kit guns.
Like the author from Nickel's link says, you won't feel bad tinkering with it because its not a high end piece.
I feel I can build up some skills with it before I consider a quality kit.
I'll need to learn the basics and reworking what have is a way to learn without a tutor.

Wow, Sicilian Longhunter - i.e. John C. from New Mexico - I was surprised to see your comments. You really think me gutless? You certainly didn't make that opinion known during our extensive correspondence.

The truth of the matter for those who don't know is that John C. placed an order on 6/23/18 for a weapon with the understanding that VA's anticipated time for completion is typically up to around 12 weeks. Far from keeping him in the dark about the status of his order, we exchanged at least 21 separate e-mail messages covering every possible subject including fulfillment time, load data, recommended suppliers of needed accessories and equipment, and even technical details about thread sizes on component parts. I fail to see how any vendor could be expected to provide more information and attention than he received. John is not our only customer, after all.

Completion of the order was delayed slightly because of a wait for components from our supplier, a fact John C was made aware of by us. In any case, John's piece shipped in the 14th week instead of the 12th. I would hardly call that "waaay" longer than anticipated. Nevertheless, we threw in some flints and a hammerstall with the order free of charge and received a thank you message from John C via e-mail.

Oh well. Deal done. Such is life and business.

I just wanted to make sure the facts were correctly presented.

Last edited:
Rock,
(Not from Rockville Center are you?)
Not sure if I got s good one or not yet.
Haven't had another to do a side by side comparison .
I like the idea, in some ways, that India guns are assembled kit guns.
Like the author from Nickel's link says, you won't feel bad tinkering with it because its not a high end piece.
I feel I can build up some skills with it before I consider a quality kit.
I'll need to learn the basics and reworking what have is a way to learn without a tutor.
That's walking distance from Rockville town center here in Rockville MD. So, have fun, and enjoy tinkering with the Indian guns. If possible get your hands on an original to get a feel for how light and slim they are compared to all but the very best reproductions. I have a early pattern Brown Bess, and a light dragoon pistol made in India, and after being reworked they look a lot better, but there's only so much you can do with a sow's ear. Perfect for reenacting, or film work where you wouldn't want to worry about an expensive item.

Charles,
Now that I guess we are airing personal grievances publicly and I suppose you using my name is some sort of "outing" of me on this forum, it sort of brings us back to the gutless thing...
Anyway, your calendar math is skewed as it took 16 weeks to get my order by my math (6/23 to ship date 10/13).
Additionally, you don't trade insults until business is concluded and as you mentioned in an e-mail " I can promise you that nobody wants your piece to leave our shop more than I do."
That was after multiple e-mails and not a single phone call returned.
I was as glad to be rid of you as you were to be of me so spending anymore emotional currency was a waste.
I have learned a great deal from you that I am thankful for : beware of buying anything sight unseen and if you can't shake a man's hand and look into his eyes on a deal that is important to you then there is no bond on that deal.
If you have any further comments, PM me and leave the rest of these folks out of the mud slinging[/QUOTE]

That's walking distance from Rockville town center here in Rockville MD. So, have fun, and enjoy tinkering with the Indian guns. If possible get your hands on an original to get a feel for how light and slim they are compared to all but the very best reproductions. I have a early pattern Brown Bess, and a light dragoon pistol made in India, and after being reworked they look a lot better, but there's only so much you can do with a sow's ear. Perfect for reenacting, or film work where you wouldn't want to worry about an expensive item.
LOL!!
I thought you were in Rockville Center, L.I.!!
I think I will mess around with mine here and there to get a feel for working on them and giving a good exercise afield without remorse until I can get into a quality piece.

[QUOTE="Sicilian Longhunter, post: 1539205, member: 32059"
If you have any further comments, PM me and leave the rest of these folks out of the mud slinging[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

There is no mud being slung. You came to a public forum and made false statements which I have corrected. Your calculations and recollections are in error. If you want, I will be happy to post the complete record of our transaction and communications as I'm completely confident that your order was handled in a professional manner and with all the attention that could reasonably be expected for a transaction of this nature/value.

Forum is not the place to do your laundry,take it off line. or go on Face Book where I read this type of rant.

Forum is not the place to do your laundry,take it off line. or go on Face Book where I read this type of rant.
When negative charges are made by someone on an open forum like the MLF, I think it's only fitting and proper for the person/company being charged to make his/her side of the issue known.

In this case, Sicilian Longhunter made several negative comments about how he was treated and vetarms countered with his version of what happened.

That being said, I see no reason the discussion between the two of them needs to go further than it has. I don't want this to grow into a debate between either of them here on the MLF.

I've been tempted on several occasions, especially with their layaway program. But read many mixed reviews from various sources that have left me hesitant to say the least.

Hi did anybody mention. Militaryheritage.com they have a long line of muskets got a few from him they are great . One flaw you have to drill out touch hole for flintlocks. But they work great

Hi did anybody mention. Militaryheritage.com they have a long line of muskets got a few from him they are great . One flaw you have to drill out touch hole for flintlocks. But they work great
Hi redcoat I have ordered a Northwest trade gun from MH and have no complaints. I don't mind it not being drilled for a flash hole I can do it and know it is drilled in the correct place. I trimmed down the stock and refinished it and also browned the steel. It weights less then my pedersoli tradegun. Shoots great. People complain that they cannot contact them by phone they are in the office early in the AM. then they go to the shipping Dept. I had to call at 6:00am NewMexico time and had no problem talking to them.

I just ordered an 1822 French conversion pistol from Middlesex because it looked cool and kinda similar to an Aston Johnson. Figured if and when I ever get it , it could be something fun to shoot with paper cartridges and they look identical to genuine pistols that have a neat history.

I'm not gonna even bug the guy, I'll give it a couple months to see how he is.

Hi redcoat I have ordered a Northwest trade gun from MH and have no complaints. I don't mind it not being drilled for a flash hole I can do it and know it is drilled in the correct place. I trimmed down the stock and refinished it and also browned the steel. It weights less then my pedersoli tradegun. Shoots great. People complain that they cannot contact them by phone they are in the office early in the AM. then they go to the shipping Dept. I had to call at 6:00am NewMexico time and had no problem talking to them.
Flinter,
Got a pic of that piece?

I my case I started this in thread to find a remedy for a lock sent for repair to MVTC in October 2018
he refused any communications with me after November of 2018 saying then it was half done.
I had local authorities contact him in April 2019 to no avail. I have asked to throw it in a box and return it to end this saga repaired or unrepaired.

He has not as of a month ago and basically I have to wait on his list for when he ready to return it who knows when???

I live 3 hours way and considering going to pick it up
but do not not want a confrontation.

He is unreasonable perhaps exposing his behavior may have some effect.
I am not the only one with a gripe he has a C- with the BBB.

Just want the lock back.

Back