• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Middle TN Shooters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need to check out Poplar Hollar Longrifles, just about 13 miles east of Lawrenceburg, check us out on FB.
I am just off Hwy 166 (otherwise known as Wales Road) across the swamp from the old phosphate mines. If you guys are 13 miles east of the Burg that puts me about 4-6 miles from ya'll. Will have to check into that... Thanks again.

I'm in Rutherford county and would very much like to get together for some regular shooting. I've never shot ML in any kind of competition before and would definitely like to participate in a woods walk.

Been all over the state more times than I can count but have no idea where Nameless is. What part of the state is that?
LOL.
It's NW of Cookeville. The story of how it got its name is a bit funny. As the story goes, the "community" finally had enough population (some time after the WBTS to warrant a Post Office and an official name for the community. The community leaders couldn't agree on a name so the new postmaster wrote to his boss in Washington to leave the new post office as nameless for now. And so it was entered in the records...

LOL.
It's NW of Cookeville. The story of how it got its name is a bit funny. As the story goes, the "community" finally had enough population (some time after the WBTS to warrant a Post Office and an official name for the community. The community leaders couldn't agree on a name so the new postmaster wrote to his boss in Washington to leave the new post office as nameless for now. And so it was entered in the records...
Or as the community leaders could say, "we may be Nameless, but we are not Defeated"...

Or as the community leaders could say, "we may be Nameless, but we are not Defeated"...
Cool and thanks for the info. I assumed it was in the eastern direction but wasn't sure. Funny thing, first time I saw Nameless I also thought "At least they aren't Defeated". By the way, I wonder what the Defeated football team's name would be....

Does anyone know much about Poplar Hollow Longrifles? I sent them a request some time ago and haven't seen a response.

Boots,

Maybe I can help you out some, I shot with that group a few times.
Who did you contact and how?

The club is off Hwy 64 East of Lawrenceburg 8 or 10 miles.

I wasn't able to find any contact information. I submitted a request to join their group on fb and there's been no response. If you can PM some contact info, I would be grateful. Thanks!

Yes I will, I’ll have too find the guys numbers , but I’ll get back too you with them.
Please pass on the information using the Private Message system.
Posting personal information like phone numbers on a forum that is read world wide by tens of thousands of people isn't a good idea.

Just wondering if there are any traditional muzzleloader shooters in Middle TN within 30 miles (give or take) of Cumberland County/Crossville, TN. Not interested in inline shooters, IMHO inline are muzzleloader wanna be's.
I'm in Robertson county, TN, further than 30 miles but not a bad drive. There's also the Davey Crockett Longhunters in Lawrenceburg that has a monthly shoot. The Tennessee Longhunters has a shoot every other month in different locations, Columbia, Franklin, Hoenwald, and Springfield.

I don’t think Davy Crockett Longhunters have a range too shoot at any longer.

They were using the D C State Park, but 2018 was the last year of any shooting events there that I’m aware of.

The Park doesn’t allow firearms any longer...

I don’t think Davy Crockett Longhunters have a range too shoot at any longer.

They were using the D C State Park, but 2018 was the last year of any shooting events there that I’m aware of.
I talked to a couple of those guys at the rendezvous a couple years ago and they said they were using a police range over off of Old Florence hwy up the hill behind the old Bob's Surplus building just before getting to Crockett park. Don't know if that is still the case but that is the latest intel I have on their shooting events.

I talked to a couple of those guys at the rendezvous a couple years ago and they said they were using a police range over off of Old Florence hwy up the hill behind the old Bob's Surplus building just before getting to Crockett park. Don't know if that is still the case but that is the latest intel I have on their shooting events.
That's what I heard also. Their FB page shows their shooting schedule for 2021.

Thanks Guys, I had heard the same thing, but I didn’t think they had approval to use the police range now.
2018 was the last time I shot there and that was the talk going around then that the police range would be used the next year.
But I didn’t think that every went through...
I don’t do the book of face, but will check out their schedule for 2021. Thanks for the info.

I hope they can use the police range , but I hate too see the woods walk gone. I always enjoyed it.

Back