• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Middle Eastern muzzleloaders??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Moroccan rifle it was made to use up presumably surplus 1853? Springfield's and percussion but in the US it got robbed of the barrel or rather bolster & lock & the stock throw n in the rubbish pile of John Hakes at a F Ship shoot but it looked worthy of restoration to me (All a matter of taste you appreciate ) John had a Belgium flint lock of quite crude standard but evidently made to put Springfield's to flint & took little trouble for me to fit it up to mate with a Springfield barrel robbed of its breach end. So I put it to flint and extended the fore stock & added umpteen brass barrel bands & a rammer & took it hunting with my assistant Mr Banjo Beagle Esq in the local mountains after deer or pigs . He got me onto a small mob of pigs after being dragged through the trees after Banjo. But on reaching he was evidently cautius about getting into the mob so I put a ball in one . to resolve the scene . Which is hardly a great feat, but I did learn that such a fishtailed affair would work in the forests . I did try Minies & a cureius Egg idea of a bullet but the bore isn't up to much I often took archaic guns hunting & found even the snap matchlock could be a perfectly servicable hunting gun. (These Supporatory guns will never catch on .Hole in the back quite unsound in my view , Regards Rudyard

Latest posts

Back