• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mid Tennessee 8 point down...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SMO, I thought about posting this in it's own thread but based on my comment to you earlier on this thread I thought I'd post here. I didn't feel like getting up at 4am this morning so I headed to the back of the farm today about 10am. I was 'bound and determined', as we say in the holler. This little antlerless male kept popping into view, but just beyond an ethical shot as he was either behind brush or trees at about 90 yards, and after the 5th or 6th time I felt like the aggrieved party, and on the 7th time he gave me his broadside at 65 yards. The Allen Martin .58 Newcomer Schimmel popped one right in the clockwork about 4pm. Missed his heart by an inch, knocked him down and when the smoke cleared he popped up and made it about 20 yards. He'll be in the jerky-maker after a few days in the cooler. Truth be known, 65 yards was my closest view of him and he was a case of mistaken identity but he'll make some tender Jalapeno jerky and I've been out since August....

Thanks for giving me some motivation. After about 10 mornings in the stand and only one miss with the bow I was starting to get a little self-conscious.

Another Tennessee deer laid low with the old tech.....the shot was an inch low but I'll take it.

IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG

Last edited:
SMO

How do you get them to run and die in the loader bucket?

My youngest shot a nice 8 with his bow on Saturday. First time he had to do everything by himself as I was out of state. He did well, got plenty of meat.

I was not smart enough to schedule myself so I could hunt early ML season in Iowa.

Fleener

Well I said I wasn’t gonna shoot another 8 point.....

But he was headed straight to the Neighbors property line and there were Guys sitting in the truck eating lunch over there....

So rather than him interrupting their lunch, I took care of the problem.

I caught him locked down in a thicket with a doe at high noon today.

View attachment 50027

View attachment 50028
Nice rifle rack Smo! Great job!!!

Well I said I wasn’t gonna shoot another 8 point.....

But he was headed straight to the Neighbors property line and there were Guys sitting in the truck eating lunch over there....

So rather than him interrupting their lunch, I took care of the problem.

I caught him locked down in a thicket with a doe at high noon today.

View attachment 50027

View attachment 50028
Very nice buck man, congrats!

Thanks , I felt like it was the very least I could do...

I’m always glad too help a Neighbor out.

Back