• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mid-life crisis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me, I'm new to this. If you're asking where I hang my traps, it would be in Missouri, about 30 miles west of St. Louis. Will hopefully be joining Gemmer MLGC as soon as this lock-down is over.

Let me or Rich Pierce know when you are in the area and we can take care of getting you out to the Range and into the club.

Beaverquiver, welcome to the Forum, we are glad you found us. And Thank You for your delightful introduction, which has engendered an enjoyable thread. You will find the flintlock a most satisfying challenge.

Richard/Grumpa

Excellent Choice !
Hope it has a clutch.
Sadly no. That was the one compromise I made. This is a 68 RS/SS clone. It was a frame-off total restoration (not by me). It has a Th350 3 speed auto. 4.43 gears, 400 small block (yes, there's such a thing) putting out about 430 hp.

Attachments

• 20190316_130609.jpg
    20190316_130609.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 69
Let me or Rich Pierce know when you are in the area and we can take care of getting you out to the Range and into the club.
Thank you. I spoke with Jim Feeney right about the time this whole isolation thing started. I was actually a quasi member back in the late 80's when it was in Valley Park. My dad was the true member due to my age. I know he has since passed on, but our old neighbor Donald Krump is the one who got me into it if the name rings a bell with any of you. Looking forward to this being over and getting to meet you all. Thanks again.

About 15 years ago I told my wife at the time, that when I had my mid life crisis, I was getting a Harley or a girlfriend, but being the nice guy that I am, I would.let her choose. Fast forward 15 years, I have a Harley, a great girlfriend, and an ex wife. In my case, all money well spent.

Btw, the girlfriend doesn't say a word about my muzzleloader collecting.
Yet!

Welcome.
Yeah, I've been shooting smoke poles for 46 years. I'm just now chomping at getting a rock lock if I can get past some of the prices.

Yeah, I've been shooting smoke poles for 46 years. I'm just now chomping at getting a rock lock if I can get past some of the prices.

A little peek....just to keep that fire going..
8D4E3C5F-300A-412C-9C34-08FE2FDA0D27.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My guns and motorcycles have outlived my wife and girlfriends. Sadly I am unable to ride any longer but I still have both bikes and all my guns and a new girlfriend that likes both. I'm a lucky man.

Lol. Typical wife response! They give you "choices" but clearly there is only one safe choice! Good luck getting back to muzzleloading. I've never disappointed any of my firearms...at least they have yet to complain.
By the way, in a similar situation to you, I chose this. Much cheaper and more fun than an affair!

Righteous wheels......!! -West

Wow! Just realized this thread is two years old…oh well, better late than never! Welcome, from North Carolina! Also, I am in midlife crisis sensory overload now after seeing all of these pretty things…😎

Welcome.
Finally got the rock lock. A hardly used TC 50.
Yesterday picked up a fluke find. A Mowrey box lock 50. Have to stay home more. Keep finding too many.

Back