• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mid-life crisis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I find myself in a mid-life crisis and my wife said I could either have an affair or start muzzle loading again. Figuring muzzle loading would cost me less than half my personal belongings, it seemed to be the best route. So during this lock down I have been making short starters, knives, ball bags, powder horns.... anything to keep me occupied and cruising sites picking up a couple of muzzleloaders, one of those being flintlock. I shot traditional muzzleloaders many years again, but only percussion so please forgive any simple questions I may be asking in the future. Thanks for letting me join your community.

Lol. Typical wife response! They give you "choices" but clearly there is only one safe choice! Good luck getting back to muzzleloading. I've never disappointed any of my firearms...at least they have yet to complain.
By the way, in a similar situation to you, I chose this. Much cheaper and more fun than an affair!

Attachments

• 20180825_123435 - Copy.jpg
    20180825_123435 - Copy.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 105
Now I'm jealous all the way around, too bad there's no pics of MOPAR's! And cant wait to get back after the old chisels tooth's on the Mississippi again this winter. Nessmuck, you must be up north if you still get to trap this late. Those back straps are great on the grill.

Now I'm jealous all the way around, too bad there's no pics of MOPAR's! And cant wait to get back after the old chisels tooth's on the Mississippi again this winter. Nessmuck, you must be up north if you still get to trap this late. Those back straps are great on the grill.

New Hampshire’s season ended April 10th.....but I have a WCO license that allows me to trap nuisance beaver outside the season.

I took up building a new patio for the Mrs.
Figure safer to build a patio and park her on it with the Margarita machine than to have an affair. Besides, with the new patio occupied, she's less likely to count how many guns are on the wall! Win win.
Well played, sir!

I like shooting as much as the next feller, but that's dedication, Kozmo! Welcome to the fire, BeaverQuiver. Where in NH are you hanging your traps? I worked on a job in Nashua for a couple of years, and lived in Sandown. There's a very active ML club in Nashua called Pennichuck Muzzleloaders --- or there was then.
Tanglefoot

About 15 years ago I told my wife at the time, that when I had my mid life crisis, I was getting a Harley or a girlfriend, but being the nice guy that I am, I would.let her choose. Fast forward 15 years, I have a Harley, a great girlfriend, and an ex wife. In my case, all money well spent.

Btw, the girlfriend doesn't say a word about my muzzleloader collecting.

Kosmo is that a 1967 or ‘68 camaro? My mother had a 1967 and grandma had a 1969 396 SS impala 4-speed

I like shooting as much as the next feller, but that's dedication, Kozmo! Welcome to the fire, BeaverQuiver. Where in NH are you hanging your traps? I worked on a job in Nashua for a couple of years, and lived in Sandown. There's a very active ML club in Nashua called Pennichuck Muzzleloaders --- or there was then.
Tanglefoot
Forgive me, I'm new to this. If you're asking where I hang my traps, it would be in Missouri, about 30 miles west of St. Louis. Will hopefully be joining Gemmer MLGC as soon as this lock-down is over.

Lol. Typical wife response! They give you "choices" but clearly there is only one safe choice! Good luck getting back to muzzleloading. I've never disappointed any of my firearms...at least they have yet to complain.
By the way, in a similar situation to you, I chose this. Much cheaper and more fun than an affair!
Excellent Choice !
Hope it has a clutch.

Latest posts

Back