• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Michigan Revolver Shooter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi -- Tom Morrisey here, from Jackson County, Michigan. I was introduced to this forum by a super-helpful man who sold me my 1860 Army .44 today at Cabela's in Dundee, Michigan.

I've shot all my life, but never black powder. Got the revolver today because I am a novelist and am thinking of starting a new book set at the Battle of Antietam, and wanted a period replica that would help me understand the feel, use, smell, etc. of a sidearm of that era.

And if one of the deer feeding off my apple trees happens to cross the sights of this new purchase, well, who am I to refuse free venison?

Good to be here. I plan to visit often.

Best regards,
Tom

Lot of good folks in here, you'll enjoy it. That new 1860 is just a start, once the bug bites you can't get away. Take care, Rick.

tom thanks fer sayin I wuz super helpful and glad ya joined the forum
weasel

Hey, weasel!

I was only telling the truth. I'm getting up early tomorrow so I can get my work done and go punch holes in paper with the new 1860. Thanks again for all your help (I asked Geoff to thank you, too).

Tom

I had a feeling that was you who set him up weasle. Next get him started with a GPR and we'll really have him hooked. Take care, Rick.

Back