• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Met "Mr Flintlock" and "Shine" at the Ancient Ones Show (Maine)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My twin brother (aka "Flint62Smoothie") and I attended the "Ancient Ones of Maine" blackpowder/primitive Gun Show in Augusta, Maine on Saturday.

We had a great time, and I got everything that was on my list, and then some. As a newbie "flinch-lock" shooter (as I've not yet progressed to the point of shooting a "flintlock"...), there were a few things that I needed, and this show came through for me, just as I had expected.

I have to report that we had the pleasure of meeting "Shine", and my twin bought an entry-level BP rifle for his girl's nephew to use.

And we also met and spoke with "Mr Flintlock", aka George Sutton, who lives close by to me.

Both of these gentleman were very personable, easy to talk with, and a privilege to meet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if my brother gets the urge to attend one of the Ancient Ones' summer rendezvous to continue the discussions he was having with Shine and others.

And George has invited me to shoot flintlocks with him sometime soon, as we both belong to the same local gun club. That would be quite an honor, but I will have to practice some more first, so I don't totally embarrass myself... :wink:

Thanks to my twin Dale also, for all the help and support that he's given me over the last 6 weeks as I explore the new (to me) world of rocklocks. I still have mistakes to make and lots to learn, but with the company of these fine men, the mistakes will be minimized and I am sure this will be a very enjoyable journey for me.

Hats off to these shooters, and to the Ancient Ones for a great show.
It was a great day! :hatsoff:

I came away much richer in knowledge and contacts for sure -- but yes, a little poorer in the wallet... :grin:

Old No7

I made it to the show also. I was amazed at how the show has grown since I was there 6 or 7 years ago. If I had deep pockets I could have really loaded up. As it was I am quite proud of myself for only buying a horn, a box of .433 round balls and a bottle of Mr.Flintlock lube. I saw a beautiful .45 Southern Mountain style rifle built by Lee Larkin (I think). Very stunning and dainty and almost as pretty as my own rifle in the same style. The Ancient Ones put on a great show there.
Cheers
RFMcD

Thank you very much, Nit Wit really puts his heart and soul into that show. He does this for our club and the rest of us try our best to support him. :thumbsup:

Back