message sent

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Treestalker, Jan 8, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 8, 2019 #1

Treestalker

Treestalker

Treestalker

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

Boy I don't know how to receive a message on the wanted ads. Seems like it used to pop up at the top, but now? Maybe my medications aren't working right. Crewdawg posted that he sent me a message, but I'm still in the dark! Help this child out of the woods! George.

2. Jan 8, 2019 #2

Crewdawg445

Crewdawg445

Crewdawg445

58 Cal. MLF Supporter

Treestalker, you will see a little icon in the top right corner of the page which is a little envelope, this indicates a message has been received.

3. Jan 8, 2019 #3

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

upload_2019-1-8_9-26-23.png

The little bell with the 1 is showing an alert. Means I have a reply to something posted, a conversation (use to be called a Private Topic), or just another post on a watched thread.

A watched thread (subscribed or favorite thread is other names for same thing) can be established by going to the top of a thread that you are interested in. And click on Watched.

upload_2019-1-8_9-24-20.png

Then when you have threads watched you can go to top of forum, and see WATCHED THREADS and click on it to see the threads you watch.

upload_2019-1-8_9-26-23.png

Attached Files:

4. Jan 8, 2019 #4

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

As Crewdawg said, look for the little envelope up in the right hand corner of your screen. Move the arrow (cursor) over the top of the envelope.
    If you have a new message or several of them a number will be in the envelope. Click on the message title to open it and read what is there.

If you want to see all of the messages in your mail box, click on the "SHOW ALL" letters. That will open a full page showing all of the messages people have sent you.

5. Jan 8, 2019 #5

Treestalker

Treestalker

Treestalker

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

Thanks Zonie, we poor troglodytes struggle on in the information age! I hope you have a great new year!