MEMBERS - READ THIS PLEASE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman Brooks

40 Cal
Reaction score
Or you can hit the ignore the poster button and never have to see or hear from them again. Simple fix for me and used many a time here. I got 15 or so in my timeout box.
Ignore button works good, I'm at 26 with possibly adding 16 more.
We could get rid of 90% of the name calling, insults, & arguments if the Civil War section of the forum was dropped. It's nothing but an endless argument about the same old stuff. No one's opinion is going to change about it, no matter which side you are on. So what's the point?
Or get rid of the Political section!

Dude

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't see what the US constitution and freedom of speech has to do with any of this. After all, before entering the front door we all had to agree to the rules here. Seems pretty silly to agree, and then complain it's not legal. If you didn't agree, then it was a false attestation saying you did.

I've known people who enter another's domain and expect things to run there as in their own. Pretty silly - but true.

Reaction score
I don't see what the US constitution and freedom of speech has to do with any of this.
GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR! HE GETS IT!

The one thing that all members here need to understand - this is NOT a publicly owned entity.
This is a privately owned and operated forum - and as such the owners can put any rule they want onto effect.
Rules like NO RELIGION - yes - they have that power, and have several other simple rules that are easy to understand and easy to adhere to.
It's no different than you demanding that visitors to your house remove their muddy shoes, or not smoke on the property, or not park on the grass.
When you visit here - you are told up front that there are rules - follow them or stay away, that is your "right". You do not have the "right" to be here or the "right" to say whatever you want or feel if it violates the rules. You do have the "privilege" bestowed to upon you to come visit, converse, share, learn, teach or use the information and experience of those who share this space with you. What you do not have - is the "right" to abuse others or break any of the rules laid out by the founder and his successors.
So enjoy! But please do it in a civil and friendly manner.

Reaction score
Every forum I have ever been a part of has friction among members. If everyone thought the same it would be a really boring world. If there is someone I don't want to converse with, I just ignore them and not necessarily with the "ignore" button. Just don't read what they have to say unless you are just itching for an argument.

Reaction score
GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR! HE GETS IT!

The one thing that all members here need to understand - this is NOT a publicly owned entity.
This is a privately owned and operated forum - and as such the owners can put any rule they want onto effect.
Rules like NO RELIGION - yes - they have that power, and have several other simple rules that are easy to understand and easy to adhere to.
It's no different than you demanding that visitors to your house remove their muddy shoes, or not smoke on the property, or not park on the grass.
When you visit here - you are told up front that there are rules - follow them or stay away, that is your "right". You do not have the "right" to be here or the "right" to say whatever you want or feel if it violates the rules. You do have the "privilege" bestowed to upon you to come visit, converse, share, learn, teach or use the information and experience of those who share this space with you. What you do not have - is the "right" to abuse others or break any of the rules laid out by the founder and his successors.
So enjoy! But please do it in a civil and friendly manner.

Key words.

Privately owned. They make the rules. Period.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
You should not have to use the "Ignore", members are expected to behave, those who do not behave will be dealt with by Angie.

Seems simple to me.

Reaction score
We could get rid of 90% of the name calling, insults, & arguments if the Civil War section of the forum was dropped. It's nothing but an endless argument about the same old stuff. No one's opinion is going to change about it, no matter which side you are on. So what's the point?
I actually glad I never got into the Civil War forums; for every drop of water in the ocean, there's some Civil War 'expert' yammering on about something!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts