Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Normally I keep my opinions to myself, BUT...here's my $0.02:
Your constitutional freedom of speech extends to public displays, I believe? For example peaceful protesting. not rioting. Slander and Liable are NOT considered free speech.
However, private entities (ie clubs, social organizations, FORUMS), all set their own rules and are well within their rights (legally) to restrict use and membership based on ones disregard for said rules.
I hope I'm not out of line here? Just stating my case. I for one will NOT (knowingly) break any forum rules. Should I do so, I expect to be warned or punished. Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Old Hawkeye

45 Cal.
Reaction score
We could get rid of 90% of the name calling, insults, & arguments if the Civil War section of the forum was dropped. It's nothing but an endless argument about the same old stuff. No one's opinion is going to change about it, no matter which side you are on. So what's the point?

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Ah, from the UK. I thoroughly enjoy the pictures by Britsmoothy(sp), it is amazing how some of the animals from there are exactly the ones on this side of the pond. Pond is kinda wide to swim across, but they are almost identical. Wonder how come? Two shooters use to come to Friendship and Phoenix to shoot each year, miss them. I have one of the pistols which belonged to one of them.

Mr FishDFly - I reckon that worth starting a separate thread - what sez you?

Two Feathers

58 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
We could get rid of 90% of the name calling, insults, & arguments if the Civil War section of the forum was dropped. It's nothing but an endless argument about the same old stuff. No one's opinion is going to change about it, no matter which side you are on. So what's the point?
Old Hawkeye:
I'm kinda in agreement, and I'm not even a Civil War buff, BUT fair is fair. Why is it fair to drop the Civil War forum and NOT the General Reenacting Discussion forum? As you said, everyone has their own opinion and nothing will change that.
I think we all just need to take a step back and THINK before we speak. Words DO have consequences! In this case the consequences will be disbarment from the forum.
Just MY opinion?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Reaction score
Well , well . Looks like i am the last commenter , so , the Muzzleloading forum is too valuable an entity to waste it on the stupidity of politics . Just find another venue to vent your spleen . I personally find this forum to be exceptionally pleasant to participate in and be a member of !!!!! The tips , tricks , and comraderie that i encounter here , i would never find just walking into my local gun shop !!! Finally , I DO NOT CARE WHAT NATIONALITY YOU ARE ; you are here participating in one of the most fun sports around , so , whether i ever physically meet you or not , i still consider you as "friend" !! KEEP IT CLEAN , FOLLOW THE RULES !!!!!

Erwan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Ah, from the UK. I thoroughly enjoy the pictures by Britsmoothy(sp), it is amazing how some of the animals from there are exactly the ones on this side of the pond. Pond is kinda wide to swim across, but they are almost identical. Wonder how come? Two shooters use to come to Friendship and Phoenix to shoot each year, miss them. I have one of the pistols which belonged to one of them.

Of course, I don't always understand the English people, while in France we give our streets and squares the names of victories: Wagram, Austerlitz and other... over there, they give them the names of defeats: Trafalgar Square, Waterloo Place and why not Azincourt, Crécy, Calais etc...
They are strange these people who made us the war during about hundred and six years...
They made us miseries, wars and many other things...
And you know what ? We like them anyway and even my son-in-law is English and consequently my grandson is also half English even though I was born in Normandy of a Breton father and a Dutch mother...

:D :D :D :D

And about the rules of the forum are you going to tell me? Not any relation special with the British...
On the forum where I'm one of the administrators it's like that since the beginning of it : French speaking and reciprocal politeness (we can understand and accept some little occasional slip-up)...

Last edited:

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Mr FishDFly - I reckon that worth starting a separate thread - what sez you?

I agree.

Mr. Brit is way over do in posting his pictures of critters and bugs.

Along with his really great photos, I enjoy seeing the differences and similarities between similar critters and the bugs.

Your side of the pond has some really interesting looking butter flies and moths.

Another thing, when he posts photos and those this pond side post photos, there is no arguing or name calling, just good times looking at critters.

LME

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here in America we still call that FREE SPEECH! If ya hurt some feeling, they need to do what I do, get over it.
That's why many dislike me....I say what I think, and I mean what I say.
Have a great day mushka and don't let it get ya down.
Being politically correct is morally wrong! You are what you are regardless of what you say!

Reaction score
Of course, I don't always understand the English people, while in France we give our streets and squares the names of victories: Wagram, Austerlitz and other... over there, they give them the names of defeats: Trafalgar Square, Waterloo Place and why not Azincourt, Crécy, Calais etc...
They are strange these people who made us the war during about hundred and six years...
They made us miseries, wars and many other things...
And you know what ? We like them anyway and even my son-in-law is English and consequently my grandson is also half English even though I was born in Normandy of a Breton father and a Dutch mother...

:D :D :D :D

And about the rules of the forum are you going to tell me? Not any relation special with the British...
On the forum where I'm one of the administrators it's like that since the beginning of it : French speaking and reciprocal politeness (we can understand and accept some little occasional slip-up)...
Actually the battles of Trafalgar and Waterloo WERE British Victories :)

Reaction score
Normally I keep my opinions to myself, BUT...here's my $0.02:
Your constitutional freedom of speech extends to public displays, I believe? For example peaceful protesting. not rioting. Slander and Liable are NOT considered free speech.
However, private entities (ie clubs, social organizations, FORUMS), all set their own rules and are well within their rights (legally) to restrict use and membership based on ones disregard for said rules.
I hope I'm not out of line here? Just stating my case. I for one will NOT (knowingly) break any forum rules. Should I do so, I expect to be warned or punished. Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Thanks. I was admonished once by Zonie. He was right, I was wrong, I apologized. Dale

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score

Ah, Erwan, you old innocent! Of course they commemorate defeats - but they are YOUR defeats!

You should be proud, you sometimes came a close second, other times, like Azincourt, not so much.... ;)

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score

As were the others he mentioned, and a few he did not, like Poitiers.....
Oddly enough, the French, using artillery effectively for the very first time, had a decisive victory over the English in 1453 in what was, in effect, the last battle of the so-called 100 years' war.

Mind you, later on, the leader of the Free French, General Charles de Gaulle, in spite of being a non-paying guest of the British government after the fall of France in 1940 until D-Day, had this to say about 'perfidious Albion' -

“Our greatest hereditary enemy was not Germany, it was England. From the Hundred Years’ War to Fashoda, she hardly ceased to struggle against us… she is not naturally inclined to wish us well.”

All the more odd, then, when you consider that twice in less than thirty-five years, those 'hereditary enemies' spilt untold amounts of their nation's precious blood saving them from people who were not their 'hereditary enemy' at all.

Last edited:

troy2000

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Actually, the 1st Amendment of the Constitution DOES in fact guarantee the right to make boorish comments that can hurt someone's feelings. Courtesy and good upbringing are the checks that should stop it. OTOH, as has already been articulated by others with far better abilities, private forums are also guaranteed the right to limit topics and language.
Actually, no it doesn't. It says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." That hardly guarantees a right to make boorish comments in situations not covered by federal law.

I'll bow out of this discussion now; I don't want to keep beating a dead horse. :)

Erwan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
You sure of this fact ? :confused:
Show me a picture of the action during the battle, and maybe I'll believe what you are saying... :D
“Our greatest hereditary enemy was not Germany, it was England. From the Hundred Years’ War to Fashoda, she hardly ceased to struggle against us… she is not naturally inclined to wish us well.”
De Gaulle you say? The man who said "French people are calves"..... ?
I heard a little about him in 1970: in November 1970, there was a tragic ball in Colombey-les-deux-Eglises that left one person dead...
hara_kiri_hebdo_s1_94_face.jpg
Like for Jeanne d'Arc, some few months before : I suspect MI5.... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
What you call free speech is commonly known as boorishness, belligerence and bad manners. There's no constitutional right to be a jerk, especially on a privately owned and operated forum with clearly stated rules of conduct.
Troy,
With respect I suggest A rereading of the 1st amendment and then the first sentence of your statement.I see no parallel. As for the rest of your statement I whole heartedly agree.Hopefully we should all act and speak as if in Grandmas,parlour.
John

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Erwan, as you seem to be quite comfortable with the English language, you might like to read this fine book. For obvious reason, there are no ongoing plans to produce a version in French/Erwan, comme vous semblez assez à l'aise avec la langue anglaise, vous aimeriez peut-être lire ce beau livre. Pour une raison évidente, il n'y a pas de projet en cours pour produire une version en français. ;)

1629790901472.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts