Status
Not open for further replies.

Meriwether

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here in America we still call that FREE SPEECH! If ya hurt some feeling, they need to do what I do, get over it.
That's why many dislike me....I say what I think, and I mean what I say.
Have a great day mushka and don't let it get ya down.

Here on this forum there are rules about this and Free Speech is really great. I believe in it. BUT, this is a privately owned forum and the rules here are to be adhered to, or I can show you the door if you keep breaking them because you just don't like them.

So, I will grant free speech here, and I will apply consequences of free speech. Just like in the real person to person world. You can say what you wish, but be ready for the consequences.

Reaction score
We are all very sad that the forum shepherd - Zonie is passed. BUT, this is to put everyone on notice, the non-traditional talk, cussing, and political still is NOT allowed.

I've started doing warning points and deleting posts, adding words to the censor in the last few days.

One thing about the warning points, if you receive enough of them the ban from the forum happens until warning points expire. And if bad enough we will ban you.

We do not want to ban anyone, but we will not let the quality of the forum deteriorate if we can help it.

Please help us keep it good as Claude and Zonie would have it.

Thanks, Angie and the mods.
Thank you Angie. I really hated it, that political junk has showed up on this website. I think we know how most people vote if they're on this website. Enough said.
Squint

Reaction score
The way I see it is that this is Angie's house, and if we want to play, it has to be by her rules.

The chest thumping reminds me of teenage boys in the school yard.🙄
House Rules=Forum Rules
Every person on this forum has "house rules" . In my house they are generally understood and not posted for all to see. Most are just decency and common sense, things a civil person would do anywhere. I have friend that are more tolerant of speech and other obnoxious behavior than I am in their house. Their house , their rules.
Not to hurt the tender sympathies of some, but I think it best, if you haven't read the Forum Rules to do it now.
Anyone that is unable to abide by the rules, no matter how arbitrary they may seem, would probably better suited for another forum with a different set of rules. Angie is doing a great job here and is to be commended. Zonie and Claude were good. People like these have held this forum to the highest of standards in my opinion.
Dave

Reaction score
The Supreme Court said almost 100 years ago that free speech has its limitations.
You can not stand up in a crowded Theater and yell "FIRE!"

The modern equivalent is you can't go into DFW Airport and yell "Bomb, or Gun". Our words have consequences, we must all be mindful of that.
Also, the First Amendment protects free speech from the government. It doesn’t give you blanket permission to shoot your mouth off anywhere you like. Too many people seem to have missed that day in civics class.
Jay

Reaction score
I see it this way. Anyone can disagree with me but if they resort to insult they are waving the surrender flag.

I applied to join this great forum AFTER agreeing to the T&C Which bans politics in the wrong place and cussin’.
thus, I ain’t polititicin‘ (besides I’m not a US citizen) and I have never much gone in for cussin’ Long may the mods rule👏👏👏

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
We've recently seen from our Swedish poster's writings here that not all is well in the state of Denmark, if you'll forgive me paraphrasing AND using a different country by way of comparison. Not only the UK has an odd take on legal gun ownership, especially where older firearms like ours are being discussed. If only more members of US gun-related fora could accept that in the entire civilised world, only the USA has gun-ownership written into its founding document. It sure would save on my blood-pressure meds!

I'm betting that anybody taking the trouble to review all the posts emanating from the UK will find little to cause affront of any kind, as we are, all of us, guests at someone else's house party, and very grateful for the invitation. Boat-rocking is not what we are about.

Reaction score
Well+
I for one really like hearing from our overseas members, and especially English folks, since my Mother's folks, the Butts', came from Grimsby. And it is of course idiotic to blame present day people for the actions of their ancestors. Unfortunately we seem to have a lot of idiots in full bloom nowadays. Somebody said we are only as good as our opinions of our fellows.
I live in Butts Corner NY about 12 miles east of Oneonta settled by Jacob Butts in 1790

Reaction score
We are all very sad that the forum shepherd - Zonie is passed. BUT, this is to put everyone on notice, the non-traditional talk, cussing, and political still is NOT allowed.

I've started doing warning points and deleting posts, adding words to the censor in the last few days.

One thing about the warning points, if you receive enough of them the ban from the forum happens until warning points expire. And if bad enough we will ban you.

We do not want to ban anyone, but we will not let the quality of the forum deteriorate if we can help it.

Please help us keep it good as Claude and Zonie would have it.

Thanks, Angie and the mods.
Thank you.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
We've recently seen from our Swedish poster's writings here that not all is well in the state of Denmark, if you'll forgive me paraphrasing AND using a different country by way of comparison. Not only the UK has an odd take on legal gun ownership, especially where older firearms like ours are being discussed. If only more members of US gun-related fora could accept that in the entire civilised world, only the USA has gun-ownership written into its founding document. It sure would save on my blood-pressure meds!

I'm betting that anybody taking the trouble to review all the posts emanating from the UK will find little to cause affront of any kind, as we are, all of us, guests at someone else's house party, and very grateful for the invitation. Boat-rocking is not what we are about.

Ah, from the UK. I thoroughly enjoy the pictures by Britsmoothy(sp), it is amazing how some of the animals from there are exactly the ones on this side of the pond. Pond is kinda wide to swim across, but they are almost identical. Wonder how come? Two shooters use to come to Friendship and Phoenix to shoot each year, miss them. I have one of the pistols which belonged to one of them.

Reaction score
A trebuchet defended holler near Nameless, TN
Us furriners here often get the point end of the stick, mainly from folks who think, erroneously, that those of us who live in UK are somehow still responsible for the historic background that led up to the Revolutionary War, in much the same way as people alive now are getting blamed for slavery.

That's like blaming the present Italians for leaving old Roman foundations that that get in the way of a new housing project in this part of England.
Wait a minute! Are you trying to tell me that you didn't participate in the burning of Washington in 1814?

Reaction score
A trebuchet defended holler near Nameless, TN
What you call free speech is commonly known as boorishness, belligerence and bad manners. There's no constitutional right to be a jerk, especially on a privately owned and operated forum with clearly stated rules of conduct.
Actually, the 1st Amendment of the Constitution DOES in fact guarantee the right to make boorish comments that can hurt someone's feelings. Courtesy and good upbringing are the checks that should stop it. OTOH, as has already been articulated by others with far better abilities, private forums are also guaranteed the right to limit topics and language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts