Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
We are all very sad that the forum shepherd - Zonie is passed. BUT, this is to put everyone on notice, the non-traditional talk, cussing, and political still is NOT allowed.

I've started doing warning points and deleting posts, adding words to the censor in the last few days.

One thing about the warning points, if you receive enough of them the ban from the forum happens until warning points expire. And if bad enough we will ban you.

We do not want to ban anyone, but we will not let the quality of the forum deteriorate if we can help it.

Please help us keep it good as Claude and Zonie would have it.

Thanks, Angie and the mods.

Brokennock

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Does one get notification when one incurs warning points?
Are they contestable?
Who issues them, is it automated through a program, or suggested by the automation and reviewed then issued by a moderator?

Eterry

62 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.
We are all very sad that the forum shepherd - Zonie is passed. BUT, this is to put everyone on notice, the non-traditional talk, cussing, and political still is NOT allowed.

I've started doing warning points and deleting posts, adding words to the censor in the last few days.

One thing about the warning points, if you receive enough of them the ban from the forum happens until warning points expire. And if bad enough we will ban you.

We do not want to ban anyone, but we will not let the quality of the forum deteriorate if we can help it.

Please help us keep it good as Claude and Zonie would have it.

Thanks, Angie and the mods.
THANK YOU!!! Some have run amuck in the past few weeks.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Angie I agree ,has members will have noticed I have not been active on the forums of late mainly due to this name calling etc. In the past I have been called names but not only to me but my family but these people always get away with it and nothing is said or done .
Feltwad

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Us furriners here often get the point end of the stick, mainly from folks who think, erroneously, that those of us who live in UK are somehow still responsible for the historic background that led up to the Revolutionary War, in much the same way as people alive now are getting blamed for slavery.

That's like blaming the present Italians for leaving old Roman foundations that that get in the way of a new housing project in this part of England.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Us furriners here often get the point end of the stick, mainly from folks who think, erroneously, that those of us who live in UK are somehow still responsible for the historic background that led up to the Revolutionary War, in much the same way as people alive now are getting blamed for slavery.

That's like blaming the present Italians for leaving old Roman foundations that that get in the way of a new housing project in this part of England.
Well said
Feltwad

Treestalker

Treestalker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well+
I for one really like hearing from our overseas members, and especially English folks, since my Mother's folks, the Butts', came from Grimsby. And it is of course idiotic to blame present day people for the actions of their ancestors. Unfortunately we seem to have a lot of idiots in full bloom nowadays. Somebody said we are only as good as our opinions of our fellows.

Woody Morgan

62 Cal.(ifornian)
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I made a one word indiscretion in the military stories. Sometimes when talking about military stuff we slip back into the military jargon. Oh well. I generally try not to demean folks but I'll tell them what I think.
My family has to be particularly careful in public. Five of us are together right now and the only non-military one is my wife but her father was career Navy so...

wm

ML48

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I made a one word indiscretion in the military stories. Sometimes when talking about military stuff we slip back into the military jargon. Oh well. I generally try not to demean folks but I'll tell them what I think.
Here in America we still call that FREE SPEECH! If ya hurt some feeling, they need to do what I do, get over it.
That's why many dislike me....I say what I think, and I mean what I say.
Have a great day mushka and don't let it get ya down.

Eterry

62 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here in America we still call that FREE SPEECH! If ya hurt some feeling, they need to do what I do, get over it.
The way I read the constitution you have every right to your opinion as long as it doesn't offend someone else. Then it can become criminal. In Texas you can say whatever, but if it is offensive or vulgar and another citizen is offended, (uniform peace officers can't be offended, per the CCP),you are required to stop being offensive or there are legal ramifications. The same as if you make threats at another, its all illegal.

I dealt with this 1000 times as a peace officer, when loudmouth folks who THOUGHT they knew the law started spouting offensive rhetoric.
As I told everyone I dealt with, my rights end where yours begin. And your rights end where mine begin.

Many use the internet as a cloak and shield to hide behind. Saying things they would NEVER SAY face to face.

Woody Morgan

62 Cal.(ifornian)
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
"Free speech" doesn't count on privately-owned discussion forums. I believe this is one of them.

wm

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Angie I agree ,has members will have noticed I have not been active on the forums of late mainly due to this name calling etc. In the past I have been called names but not only to me but my family but these people always get away with it and nothing is said or done .
Feltwad

Nice to see you back.

Eterry

62 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Supreme Court said almost 100 years ago that free speech has its limitations.
You can not stand up in a crowded Theater and yell "FIRE!"

The modern equivalent is you can't go into DFW Airport and yell "Bomb, or Gun". Our words have consequences, we must all be mindful of that.

troy2000

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What you call free speech is commonly known as boorishness, belligerence and bad manners. There's no constitutional right to be a jerk, especially on a privately owned and operated forum with clearly stated rules of conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts