• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Member Dave K passes this morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birddog6

Cannon
Reaction score
I was informed of the passing of my good friend Dave K this morning. (62 yrs old) Dave has been
battling the big C for over 10 years now, & has now gone past that battle.

Dave has been a member of this forum for almost 14 years, & has posted 2474 times, many times in the Smoothbore & Gun Builders section.

Dave & I have been good friends for many years. We would met at Friendship & the CLA shows each
year & he was a dedicated Black Powder enthusiast. Loved to bow hunt deer & ML hunt deer & loved to shoot doves with double flinters.

Not too long ago he asked me to what age I would deer hunt. I told him I hope I die right under my
tree stand with this ol soot burner in my hands, watching the biggest buck I ever laid eyes on..... He
laughed & said, "Man, wouldn't that be just grand."

As Dave battled the big C, it simply amazed me that he could be so weak & so sick he could barely walk
at times, yet I would get him on the phone & you would never know anything was wrong with him.
He was always cheerful & joking & laughing. I asked him one time "How can you do that". He replied
"Well, it is either laugh or cry & people just accept laughter allot better, even me", and he just laughed
about it.

So Dave, I hope the Deer Hunting is Great now, and the doves are plentiful for ya. You will be sadly missed by family & friends.

Keith Lisle

aka Birddog6

I am very sorry for your loss. I believe that the hard road your friend had to travel was made more bearable by having you "at his side".

When you are hunting afield, or in the woods, or shooting at the range, you will sometimes find him "at your side". Enjoy those moments.

Richard

We are all diminished by the loss of a good person...especially so in thi scase. Adios Dave, may God bring your family and freinds teh peace adn comfort they need at this difficult time.

A very moving and well written testimony to your Friend.
Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. :( That's a long time to battle cancer and keep a good outlook - shows some extraordinary character on his part.

Back