• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Medicine bag:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here: Not a lot of Glitz-n-Glamour with this one, just plain ole’ good stuff!

Here’s a nice bag for sale. I made it back a year or so ago, and never listed it. 1: Medicine bag. It’ll be great for your fire by flint and steel or magnifying lens fire kit, herbs, totems, tobacco, or other small accessories. $30.00 + $3.00 s&h

This bag is made of soft, Smoke tanned Buckskin. It measures 5” wide by 6” high with a 2” beaver tail flap and White tail antler button and strap. There is plenty of room inside. The strap is a comfortable 15” folded. I’m no little guy, 6’3” 280 lbs., and it hangs to about the middle of my chest without heavy clothes, a little higher with a capote’ on. It has (had) 2 flaws? One is a very small hole in upper right corner on the back; (You can see it in the rear photo.) I stitched it shut with sinew. That adds to the rustic authentic look. The other flaw is a small smoke stain on the lower right front corner. I think it was made by whoever tanned it? It adds character. It’s all whip stitched with artificial sinew. The button and strap are stitched on with the same artificial sinew. The Rendezvous season is near. Hopefully there will be some shootin’ if this social distancing thing EVER ends? Here’s a way to look your best in camp, with this hangin’ on you. The bag is true to the period in every detail. If you're interested, PM me here.
As always thanks for looking.
Once I get a sheath made this patch knife will get listed too. This ad is for the bag only.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Medicine bag, Large 001 edited 30.jpg
    Medicine bag, Large 001 edited 30.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Medicine bag, Large 002edited 30.jpg
    Medicine bag, Large 002edited 30.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice pouch, TwoFeathers. You see lots of genuine, old native-made artifacts with repairs, patches, stains, holes stitched closed... I think Indians were also the original "recyclers," repurposing, patching, and piecing together everything from old lodge skins to worn out parfleches, and even cavalry boots, to make things they wanted or needed. They didn't waste much!

Good work!

Notchy Bob

Notchy Bob
Thanks much my friend. I'm glad you find it worth responding to, I try.
I have to agree about NA's being the original recyclers. I've seen artifacts in museums made of repurposed items. The Indians definitely knew how to modify things, and pick up battlefield items to reuse. I think I may get some of that from my Navajo background, even though the Navajo were not fighters?
Thanks again. Always interested to hear what folks think of my work.
I'll have a few mini Roach Bellies to list as soon as my Linen thread gets here.
God bless:
Two Feathers

OK folks:
Lets not forget about this bag, it's still here and a few folks liked it.
It would look very nice hanging from your neck at the next rondy.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks:
This beautiful "plain" medicine bag is still available. It's plain that's why the price is so low.
Someone needs to take this one home for the upcoming Rondy season. Now that there's a vaccine available, I'm hoping that this year will shine like NO OTHER when it comes to rendezvous' and social shooting competitions?
Contact me here.
There WAS some interest last year when I listed this bag, where'd you folks get to?
Stay safe.
God bless:
Two Feathers

two feathers i will take it. planefixer will have a place to hang your knife. you ever hear of assafiddy, a kid in quincy,il. had a rites dye plant on river bluff. some morns air heavy could smell it, cant decribe it,but never forget it. people wore it in small pouch, to keep sick people away. that ment everyone.

Last edited:
Roaring Bull:
You're right. I didn't realize it was was the forum? I thought I sent it in a PM? Don't transact business in the middle of the night? :eek: o_Oo_O:doh:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back