• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mec has written neat article on

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmabie

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I think it was Mec that wrote a neat article on the Ketland trade pistol. The one sold by Meddlesex Village is almost exactly like the original my dad has. His Ketland has an iron barrel, c. 70 caliber. The lock has a roller on the end of the frizzen spring and no bridle like some English sea service pistols. The tumbler is worn and needs to have the notches recut. The problem is getting the getting the screw out of the tumbler so that thg dog can be removed to repair the tumbler. Other than the worn tumbler and a few minor cosmetic repairs, the pistol will look beautiful when the work is finished.
:hatsoff: Rabbitears

Back