• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Meat eater TV series

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sequoia

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just watched an episode of Meateater on Netflix where they were hunting with flintlocks in Pennsylvania. Apparently they have a flintlock only season there. Has anyone else seen this? I must admit I cringed at some the things they did, loading from a flask and leaning over the barrel while pushing down on the ramrod.

I saw it and I enjoy his show. I cringed a bit too but it helps promote Muzzleloading so that's a win. I appreciated that he didn't brand flintlocks as being unreliable but instead admitted that our ancestors knew things he doesn't know and he wants to try to learn how to do a successful hunt with one. Hopefully he figures it out and films another episode.

I just watched an episode of Meateater on Netflix where they were hunting with flintlocks in Pennsylvania. Apparently they have a flintlock only season there. Has anyone else seen this? I must admit I cringed at some the things they did, loading from a flask and leaning over the barrel while pushing down on the ramrod.
I'm watching the repeat as I write this and my observations are exactly the same, especially when I saw him loading from the flask, you're correct about his other loading technique too. Also, did you note how he completely filled the pan with priming powder? I don't think those sawed flints helped much, I've never had good luck with them.

I saw that episode, along with probably all his other ones. He doesn’t claim to be an expert at ML, so he’ll make mistakes like all of us at one point early on. His intentions are admirable. Steve is a true conservationist, great speaker for the hunter, and a good cook. I think I enjoy the cooking part of the show just as much as the hunting. I’d like to see him do more ML episodes

I saw that episode, along with probably all his other ones. He doesn’t claim to be an expert at ML, so he’ll make mistakes like all of us at one point early on. His intentions are admirable. Steve is a true conservationist, great speaker for the hunter, and a good cook. I think I enjoy the cooking part of the show just as much as the hunting. I’d like to see him do more ML episodes
I agree.👍

Latest posts

Back