• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Maxi ball bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teacher Jim

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all,
A long time ago (when the Earth was still cooling), I used to have a T/C Seneca rifle in .45 cal. I cast and shot the 240 maxi-ball bullet.
My question is: could I safely (emphasis on safely) shoot this round in a cap and ball pistol of the same .45 cal.?
I loved the accuracy of that round in that rifle. Thank you and stay safe.

Thanks for the advice. Wasn't sure if there would be enough space in the chamber for powder with the longer bullet versus round ball.

Are you talking about a revolver? Might have trouble getting it in then because of loading space. Lee makes a conical mould for revolvers, if so. You won't have much room for powder either but you will have enough for light loads.

I think he's talking about a revolver. I would not try it in a revolver. Works fine in something like a Kentucky pistol.

Latest posts

Back